carys or eve??

We have decided on a boy name, but find it hard to find a girl name. I love the name [name]Carys[/name], but I am worried people might find it hard to pronounce. My husband and I generally prefer short names.
Other names we like are [name]Linnea[/name], [name]Nika[/name] and [name]Helena[/name].

what do you think?

[name]Helena[/name] is nice.

I think [name]Carys[/name] is lovely, and uncommon enough to get attention. The only [name]Carys[/name] I’ve heard of is [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Zeta[/name]-[name]Jones[/name]'s daughter. I actually think [name]Helena[/name] poses more of a pronunciation problem! (I used to live in a little town called Hel-eee-na, as opposed to the [name]Helen[/name]-a in [name]Montana[/name]. I’ve also heard the name pronounced He-lay-na.)

[name]Eve[/name] is all right, but in much greater danger of trendiness than [name]Carys[/name].

I think [name]Carys[/name] is lovely. I doubt it would pose pronunciation problems for most people. [name]Eve[/name] is cute too, but [name]Carys[/name] has more of presence (it feels a little stronger).

I really like both [name]Carys[/name] and [name]Eve[/name] and I think [name]Carys[/name] [name]Eve[/name] and [name]Eve[/name] [name]Carys[/name] both sound fantastic, I think it just depends on your last name. Also, to consider nicknames, people might use [name]Carrie[/name] (not my personal favorite) for [name]Carys[/name]… I think that the nickname for [name]Eve[/name] ([name]Evie[/name]) is much cuter. Also you could consider using [name]Evangeline[/name] as the full name and using [name]Eve[/name] as a nickname, or [name]Eva[/name], and might give her more options when she grows up.

Thanx for your help. We will use [name]Elisabeth[/name] as a middle name to honor my grandmother. We are also thinking of using [name]Adelheid[/name] ( my favorite aunt and wonderful person) as a third name. But I do love the name [name]Eve[/name] as well. Short and sweet.

[name]Even[/name] though I think [name]Carys[/name] [name]Eve[/name] sounds great, I think middle names should have a meaning … like honoring somebody you love with giving your child his or her name.

I personally love [name]Eve[/name]. I tend to generally like longer names, but [name]Eve[/name] is one of those that I consider so classically elegant in its simplicity. I think [name]Eve[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Adelheid[/name] is gorgeous. The longer middles really balance out the shorter first. I love it

[name]Eve[/name] and [name]Carys[/name] are beautiful names, and while you may have to explain pronunciation once in a while, it’s easy to remember, and I honestly don’t think you’ll have too many problems with it.

I’m going to pick [name]Eve[/name] over [name]Carys[/name], however, just because I think it possesses a simple elegance and sophistication not found in [name]Carys[/name].

I love [name]Eve[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Adelheid[/name], and completely agree with you about middle names having meaning.

You asked about some other names, [name]Linnea[/name], [name]Nika[/name] and [name]Helena[/name].

While I’m not a fan of [name]Linnea[/name] (I worked with a [name]Linnea[/name] who ruined the otherwise beautiful name for me) or [name]Nika[/name], I do love [name]Helena[/name]. It’s one of my favorite names, but everytime I think of using it, I worry about pronunciation issues. I prefer Hel-len-uh, but know a Hel-lee-nuh and a Hel-lay-nuh. I also ponder the whole nickname issue, which is a concern for me.

You’ve chosen some truly beautiful names!