Carys or Jody?

See the results of this poll: Carys or Jody?

Respondents: 19 (This poll is closed)

• Carys: 17 (89%)
  • Jody: 2 (11%)

I like [name]Carys[/name] best, then [name]Aria[/name], then [name]Jody[/name]. I think [name]Carys[/name] is the most unique though I do know one 4 year old [name]Carys[/name]. I can appreciate the familiarity but uncommonness of [name]Jody[/name] but it’s a bit like [name]Jane[/name], outdated (possibly in a good way) but still rather plain. I’ve heard of more little Arias than either of the others too.
As for TV and celeb connotations, forget about them! Your daughter will grow right into whatever name you give her!
Here are a few suggestions for other names from my own favorites list:
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Adia[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
Aven
[name]Bronwen[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Leda[/name]
[name]Leni[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

[name]Carys[/name], by a long shot! [name]Aria[/name] is my second choice. I absolutely love [name]Carys[/name] and I really like [name]Aria[/name], but [name]Jody[/name] is terribly dated to me. It’s very 70’s in my mind, and a bit childish sounding at the same time. [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Zeta[/name]-[name]Jones[/name]’ [name]Carys[/name] isn’t really a big association for me because that [name]Carys[/name] isn’t really in the public eye too much.

[name]Carys[/name] is lovely. [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Michael[/name]'s daughter doesn’t own it at all. [name]Jody[/name] is just terribly unappealing to me. It sounds outdated and low-rent. The pp who compared her to the tasteful [name]Jane[/name] is [name]WAY[/name] off the mark, IMHO.