Carys - Pronunciation Issues? Pretty Name?

We both adore the name [name]Carys[/name] and wanted to get an idea of what some of your thoughts are on it? We like that she is lovely, strong, and comes with a great meaning, but is not too “out there”. However, our fear is that it might come with pronunciation issues. We pronounce it CARE-ess. Is that how you would say it?

Thank you!!

I thought it was pronounced [name]Ca[/name]-reese ??? I like it pronounced that way and think it is a beautiful name.

I love the name [name]Carys[/name] - pn Care-iss. It is so pretty and underused. I would love to see more of them when going through birth announcements.

I agree!

[name]Carys[/name] is a lovely name and pretty popular here in [name]Britain[/name]

[name]Carys[/name] is Welsh and it is actually prn KA-riss (short ‘a’ sound like in ‘cat’) and this “correct” pronunciation is reflected throughout [name]Britain[/name].

[name]Cerys[/name] (a Welsh variant of [name]Carys[/name]) is prn CARE-iss.

You can hear the correct pronunciation here:

I agree with other posters - [name]Carys[/name] is beautiful!

I love [name]Carys[/name], too! I think it’s gorgeous!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I have a co-worker who named their daughter Charys. I think it’s the extra “h” in there, but they have had to keep explaining the pronunciation… They don’t regret it because they loved the name! :slight_smile: