Casey Rose?

I’m on the hunt for the perfect name. I know I keep posting similar threads. I’m just waiting for someone to magically suggest “The Name”. It should have Gaelic or otherwise Irish/Scots roots and go nicely with sister [name_f]Niamh[/name_f]. Great meanings a bonus ([name_f]Niamh[/name_f] means bright and radiant, which fits our [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] to a T). I think I’d like to steer a bit clear of the harder to spell Irish names this time, if only because I feel that if we do it twice, it sort of commits us to a “theme”, and we’ll have to give any other future kids hard-to-spell traditional Gaelic names. So, basically, I want it to “go”, but not “match” if that makes sense. We like family names for middles, so some options to try out are [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Roisin[/name_f] ("[name_m]Rosh[/name_m]-in"), [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]/[name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. Last name is single syllable and starts with B. [name_u]Future[/name_u] brother will likely be named [name_u]Rory[/name_u].

My favourite that I keep coming back to is [name_f]Oona[/name_f], but I’d like some others to play with. One of my husband’s favourites is [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], which I like, but I have a hard time imagining [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] as an adult. I also don’t love nicknames-as-names, and technically [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] is a nickname for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], which I don’t love. I have been considering [name_f]Mairead[/name_f], which is Irish for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] to potentially be called [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. I hadn’t really considered [name_u]Casey[/name_u], but I sort of rediscovered it, and really like it. When I hit the name [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] before she was even born, I just instantly saw her and her personality. It’s like I just sort of knew who [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] would be. I sort of feel that way about [name_u]Casey[/name_u]. I haven’t run it past DH yet, though, and I have a suspicion that he might not like it.

I think [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is really cute, and it’s Irish. I like [name_f]Carys[/name_f] too, but I think it’s actually Welsh. Good luck in your name search! :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] (I would spell it [name_f]Maebh[/name_f] probably), but I find [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]/[name_f]Maebh[/name_f] to similar.

[name_u]Casey[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is cute, but it seems very different from your daughter’s name. If that doesn’t bother you, then go for it!

Enh, my husband hated it anyway. Square one.

I love [name_f]Oona[/name_f] :slight_smile: I was also going to suggest [name_f]Mary[/name_f] as a first name before I saw it was on your list of potential middles.
[name_f]Oona[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Oona[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] would get my vote.

I agree that [name_u]Casey[/name_u] and [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] don’t sound like siblings. Doesn’t matter since your husband nixed it anyway, but just thought I’d throw that out there.

Some other suggestions:

[name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Eira[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f] [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Adine[/name_f] [name_f]Roisin[/name_f]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u] [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Maureen[/name_f] [name_f]Roisin[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]?)