Cason or Canaan

My husband and I are torn between [name]Cason[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Paul[/name] and [name]Canaan[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Paul[/name]. I would like to hear some opinions from other people! Thanks in advanced :slight_smile:

I like [name]Canaan[/name] better than [name]Cason[/name] I guess because it reminds me of the popular [name]Mason[/name] and [name]Jason[/name].
Congrats on your baby.

[name]Canaan[/name].
[name]Canaan[/name] is awesome
[name]Cason[/name] sounds a little made up to me, and is very trendy with it’s -son ending.
[name]Canaan[/name] is untrendy and timeless. Clearly the better choice IMHO :slight_smile:

I agree with the above posters. :slight_smile:

Good luck!! I’m so glad you’ve almost made a decision for your baby! :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Canaan[/name]!

Thank you so much for your input!

[name]Hi[/name]! Here’s another vote for [name]Canaan[/name] [name]David[/name]! I think it’s really handsome!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Is it [name]CAY[/name]-nan or [name]Ca[/name]-NAHN or [name]Cannon[/name]?
It’s the better choice by far, but I don’t know how to pron. it.

I would have to vote [name]Cason[/name]. Sorry, [name]Canaan[/name] reminds me of the bible land and the name [name]Cain[/name]. [name]Cason[/name] is much more familiar yet cool because it is not the same-old [name]Jason[/name], but has a new sound!

What does [name]Canaan[/name] mean?

My vote goes to [name]Canaan[/name]!
Good luck!

Have you considered [name]Cassian[/name]? I prefer [name]Cason[/name]. :slight_smile:

This case is almost like the one here: Alaska vs. [name]Saskia[/name].

A place name and a name that isn’t. As I said there, I’d never choose a place name only for its sound. The ancient name for [name]Israel[/name] and Lebanon seems weighty, while the invented name [name]Cason[/name] clearly doesn’t.

In this case, I’d suggest looking for a middle ground. There are a lot of other C…n names out there. Most are trending upward, but that may not bother you.

[name]Canaan[/name] seems much more wordly and smart. [name]Cason[/name] feels made up and trendy.