Caspar and Quentin?

What do you think of these names together? Are they too matchy for twins?
Full combos would be
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_m]Quentin[/name_m] [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]

My previous favourite two boy names were [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]…I can’t decide on which two names sound best together!
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Quentin[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m] and [name_m]Quentin[/name_m]
Opinions pleeease!!

Our favourite girls names are [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] if that helps…
Thanks!! :slight_smile:

I love [name_m]Quentin[/name_m], but I’m not so fond of [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] (prefer [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]). I think they work well together though. [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] will always be a pet name to me, sorry! The combos work well too, especially [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] - very handsome!

I love [name_m]Quentin[/name_m]! I’ve always loved it paired with [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]. [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] & [name_m]Edmund[/name_m].

Although I do like the combos you have. They are lovely.
[name_m]Quentin[/name_m] [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]

I lovelovelove [name_m]Caspar[/name_m]/[name_m]Casper[/name_m]! It’s one of my favorite names right now. [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is grand. I don’t like [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] so much–I knew a [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] and a [name_m]Quinton[/name_m] growing up, and one of them was a sleezy pig, and the other sort of creaped me out, so I’ve never been a huge [name_m]Quentin[/name_m]/[name_m]Quinton[/name_m] fan, but it is a lovely, respectable name, and [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] are great together! I love [name_m]Rufus[/name_m], too, though, and I think [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] are fantastic together. [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] would be really handsome, too!

Good luck!

I love [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] together!

I love both! I think your combos a great and the work well together. Thumbs up from me :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] to [name_m]Rufus[/name_m], but I really like Quentin and Rufus together, as brothers or in one name.

They sounds fine together. However from all your sibsets, I really like the idea of [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] and [name_m]Quentin[/name_m]. They both have an old world feel to them that is very intriguing.

Both [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] are amazing and go well together. I never thought I’d like [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] in a combo but you have managed to do it. [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] sound great with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], if you have any girls in the future.

All three combos sound great. [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] & [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] are favorites of mine. [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] & [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] do sound a bit similar but it’s not bad. If I had to choose, I like [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] & [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] but [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] & [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] are a very close 2nd

Out of the three ([name_m]Caspar[/name_m], [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]) I like [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] as a pair. I agree with poster who mentioned that they both go well with your girl options. However, you cannot go wrong with any of the three because they are all handsome names.

Thank you all for your replies- and lovely feedback on our combos! Hmmm no closer to deciding which two sound best, opinions seem to be split! Any one else have any thoughts?

At the moment I’m thinking Quentin and Rufus, but only because I love the idea of the nicknames Kit and Roo! (Which I know totally shouldn’t have any impact on the decision as they may not even stick…)

[name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] are wonderful together.

Think I may have settled on [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] after reading some pretty unsavoury comments about [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] on mumsnet- wouldn’t want to burden a child with something most people find horrendous! Although it’ll still have a middle name spot :slight_smile:

[name_m]Rufus[/name_m] [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
And

Here are more options that are similar to your taste:

[name_m]Archibald[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Beauregard[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_u]Chandler[/name_u]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m]
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_m]Huxley[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]

I think [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] sound great together.

I only think of [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] as a dogs name too - sorry!

I would definitely use [name_m]Quentin[/name_m]. What could be so wrong with it?

Holy Moly - I went to mumsnet to check it out. Those people are ruthless!!

I know! And I know I shouldn’t be so fickle as to let that influence me…but it isn’t exactly encouraging!

I think [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] are true example of similar, but not too similar names. I don’t believe in “matching sibset” where most names must fit with each other, because I never understand how names could “fit” together (having something in common usually means creating a theme), but [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] are swoonworthy and fantastic sibset and sibset that are truly fitting.

I don’t think [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] or [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] fits.

I like [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] & [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] together, but I prefer the [name_m]Casper[/name_m] spelling.