Casper, Kasper, Kaspar. Which one do you prefer?

See the results of this poll: Vote and explain below why you choose that spelling

Respondents: 45 (This poll is closed)

• Casper : 36 (80%)
  • Kasper : 4 (9%)
  • Kaspar: 5 (11%)

I prefer [name_m]Casper[/name_m], it just looks best to me eyes, probably because I’m more fsmiliar with it. Plus I tend to prefer the softer C at the start of names.

I do think I prefer [name_m]Casper[/name_m], but I also have to acknowledge that the root of that preference may be due to my K surname. I tend to gravitate toward CK over KK and I think that is likely in play here even though we aren’t talking about my baby.

My 2nd choice is [name_m]Kaspar[/name_m] over [name_m]Kasper[/name_m]. I think it looks visually more symmetric, so that might be why.

I’m team [name_m]Casper[/name_m], as you can see on my signature. But I also like [name_m]Kasper[/name_m]. [name_m]Kaspar[/name_m] would be my last option.

I see [name_m]Casper[/name_m] is the general favourite so far. Normally I favour C over K too (with only very few exceptions), but I am still worried I can’t get the friendly ghost out of my mind. So I decided to consider all spellings now.

Bonus question: do you have the same imagery for each name?

I haven’t thought much about [name_m]Casper[/name_m]'s etc. imagery, but [name_m]Kaspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] (I think the latter is probably my favourite overall, I forgot to mention) feel sort of exotic. They remind me of dusty, bustling marketplaces, colourful spices, rich cloths and fabrics. I get the same sort of feel from [name_m]Casimir[/name_m]. A boy running around, energetic knows and talks to everyone. [name_m]Casper[/name_m] and [name_m]Kasper[/name_m] are more vintage, I think of a little boy running around a large, older house with plenty of history and kerb appeal. They’re all very friendly, kind, caring and talkative; maybe the ghost impacted on that in a good way.

I voted [name_m]Kaspar[/name_m], as I really love the second -a- ([name_m]Caspar[/name_m] is my favourite spelling, I love the [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Friedrich[/name_m] assocation), however, with [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], I think the cheeky [name_m]Casper[/name_m] fits wonderfully.

Aaaanndd I forgot to include [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] on the poll, lol. Should have thought about it earlier. I like it too (still not sure what’s my favourite), but will it get misspelled as [name_m]Casper[/name_m] most of the time? I agree that [name_m]Kaspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] feel more exotic, while [name_m]Casper[/name_m] is more familiar… I did watch [name_m]Casper[/name_m] back then and I don’t think it’s a bad connection, I just don’t want to imagine the ghost every single time I see the name.

I think it also has something to do with I haven’t met any [name_m]Casper[/name_m] ever, while I did meet a [name_m]Kaspar[/name_m] before, though briefly, but it makes it easier for me to imagine it on a kid. Does anyone here know any [name_m]Casper[/name_m]​? If yes, how old is he?

You see, I have name like [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] on my list, and the witch is a far more unfortunate connection by any standard. However, I also think of [name_u]Orion[/name_u]'s star, its lovely meaning and the imagery it has when paired in the combo. So I just don’t think of [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] Lestrange everytime. I guess I just haven’t found another connection with [name_m]Casper[/name_m], hence I still think of the ghost. [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] is a name suggested to me and I just really like the flow. [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] reminds me of [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] [name_m]Rider[/name_m], which is my favourite Disney prince. :slight_smile:

I voted [name_m]Kasper[/name_m]. I always prefer K for names, rather than C. Also, K stakes you a step away from the ghost connection.

I prefer [name_m]Casper[/name_m]. [name_m]Kaspar[/name_m] would be my second choice.

I have [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] on my middle name list, so I’m partial to that spelling if it’s a choice. But everything I have found online has said that [name_m]Casper[/name_m] is a variant of [name_m]Caspar[/name_m], and I tend towards the most original spelling. If [name_m]Caspar[/name_m]'s not a choice, I would vote for the spelling [name_m]Casper[/name_m]. A terrific name regardless. (:

I kinda forgot to add [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] on the poll, it should be a choice too. Thanks for the info, btw, I had no idea [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] is the original spelling. Nameberry had me thought that they’re all form of [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]/[name_m]Gaspar[/name_m] (?) I clearly need to read more of the root of this name. :slight_smile: Would [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] be constantly mispelled as [name_m]Casper[/name_m] though?

I like [name_m]Casper[/name_m]/[name_m]Kaspar[/name_m] equally. Any way you choose it, I think it’s a very under appreciated name! I’d use it in a heartbeat if I could convince my partner.

I voted [name_m]Casper[/name_m], however the friendly ghost does come to mind. I’d go with [name_m]Caspar[/name_m], because the K seems somewhat out of place. I don’t get the same imagery for all three spelling variations- [name_m]Casper[/name_m] seems like a mischievous, cheeky little boy with light brown hair and bright blue eyes while [name_m]Kasper[/name_m]/[name_m]Kaspar[/name_m] sounds like a cheeky little blonde boy who doesn’t like following rules.

My vote goes to either [name_m]Casper[/name_m] or [name_m]Caspar[/name_m], if that’s an option. Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like [name_m]Casper[/name_m].