Casper

What do you think of the name [name_m]Casper[/name_m]? Is the association of the Friendly Ghost really that prominent anymore? I think the last movie made about him was in 2006 so I’m wondering how much kids will recognize it in future. I really like its gentle, whisper sound, its 19th century and Norwegian popularity. As for the 1995 movie, [name_u]Devon[/name_u] Sawa was totally adorable as [name_m]Casper[/name_m] :stuck_out_tongue: What do you think of it if you completely forget that association?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any middle name suggestions? I like:
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] (kind of a filler middle name usually but my fiance’s name is [name_u]James[/name_u])
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Neville[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Damian[/name_m]

[name_f]Do[/name_f] any of my other favorites in my signature fit well with [name_m]Casper[/name_m] as a first name?

I’m mostly leaning towards [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] or [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

I love [name_m]Casper[/name_m]! it doesn’t really have the ghost association for me, and I don’t think it will for most kids, although some parents might recognize it. I like [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Neville[/name_m], and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is cute too. I think [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Otto[/name_m] works, and so does [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m].

I really love the name [name_m]Casper[/name_m]! [name_m]Cas[/name_m] names are starting to become more popular and to me they strike that perfect balance of being unusual without being strange or unheard of. Older generations will probably associate this name with the ghost, but I doubt children would. [name_m]Even[/name_m] for people who do think of the ghost, once they start attaching this name to an actual person, the ghost connection will fade. After all, I’m a [name_u]Josie[/name_u], and the pussycat and or [name_m]Clint[/name_m] [name_m]Eastwood[/name_m] connections were never really an issue. [name_m]Just[/name_m] something funny that older people would bring up every once in a while. [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] are really great! Not a big fan of [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] and [name_m]Neville[/name_m] as middles for this name. [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Otto[/name_m] is sweet and I think [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]/ [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Theo[/name_u] could work as well. If for some reason the ghost connection is too much for you, try looking at some of the other great [name_m]Cas[/name_m] names. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], [name_m]Castor[/name_m] or [name_m]Castiel[/name_m] are just a few lovely ones off the top of my head that may work for you!

I agree with previous posters that the [name_m]Casper[/name_m] the Friendly Ghost association has faded. Plus is has the option of using the nickname [name_u]Cass[/name_u].

My favorite combo from yours are [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] sounds good and is a nice nod to your fiance.

[name_m]Casper[/name_m] is awesome, especially for the nickname [name_m]Cas[/name_m]/[name_u]Cass[/name_u] and especially with the middle name [name_u]James[/name_u]. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t worry about the ghost thing, it’s not relevant in pop culture anymore, and even if it was, [name_m]Casper[/name_m] is too cool a name to let it be ruined.