Cassander

What do you think of this name?

3 Likes

I love it! And I love all of the nickname possibilities.

1 Like

I love [name_m]Cassander[/name_m]! Itā€™s a beautiful and handsome boy name! It has a nice meaning too.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a crush on it for years. Itā€™s fresh and strong without being overbearingly masculine. And in spite of how unusual it is, itā€™s still very familiar and down-to-[name_f]Earth[/name_f]. Any ā€˜[name_m]Cas[/name_m]ā€™ name does it for me, honestly, (because [name_u]Cass[/name_u] is just so sweet) but [name_m]Cassander[/name_m] in particular is stunningly bold and beautiful. In short, I think [name_m]Cassander[/name_m] is absolutely fantastic and Iā€™m glad to see him getting more attention recently!

2 Likes

Iā€™m honestly not a fan, it just feels clunky to me.

1 Like

Love it. Poetic and regal sounding.

1 Like

Cassander is beautiful!

I like it! Itā€™s different and unusual. I also like [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]. In general I think [name_u]Cass[/name_u] as a nickname for a boy is super adorable.

How handsome and cool!

This is the first time Iā€™ve heard it and honestly, I already absolutely love it. Iā€™ve loved the name [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] and [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] for years (particularly for the nickname [name_u]Cass[/name_u]) and I love it as an alternative.

Very charming and mystical

It feels a bit ā€œsmooshed togetherā€ if that makes sense but itā€™s fine. [name_u]Cass[/name_u] is a cute nickname.

I like it. Its different

1 Like

Thatā€™s super cool! I love the sound of it.

1 Like

Oh wow, I want to love this! We were really considering [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] but cut it due to pronunciation issues. The only problem I have with [name_m]Cassander[/name_m] is that I think it would constantly be confused with [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] and thus there would also be confusion about gender.

Iā€™ll be honest itā€™s not my favorite, it feels awkward for me to say and I donā€™t know where to put the accent, should it be CASS-ander (like [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]) or cuss-ANDER (like [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f])

Love it for male or female (and thatā€™s a sentence I seldom say!).

I donā€™t like it personally - itā€™s like two different names thrown together and think it could easily be confused with [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] (which my phone autocorrects to from [name_m]Cassander[/name_m]). [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] on the other hand is terrific. Cassidy and Caspian are other good options to get the nickname Cass.

Sounds like [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] + [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]!
Iā€™ve never heard of it before.

Its different. I want to like it as I like -ander names but they end up being too lengthy so maybe thatā€™s my struggle here. I also donā€™t like ā€œ[name_u]Cass[/name_u]ā€ names - I think I have a bad association with a [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] or [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] but Iā€™ll admit its not a name you hear much anymore so I think [name_m]Cassander[/name_m] could work without run ins with [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]. Would [name_m]Ander[/name_m] be the nickname? I dont like [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] for a boy.