Cassian or Cassius

Which do you prefer between [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] and [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]?

Also I don’t like [name_u]Cass[/name_u] or [name_m]Ian[/name_m] as nicknames. What would you use?

Would it bother you that it means hollow (technically like in nature not like a hollow shell but still)?

1 Like

[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]! Such a lovely name! The meaning doesn’t bother me at all!

I prefer [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]. It seems slightly more grounded to me. Maybe [name_m]Cash[/name_m] as a nickname? The meaning doesn’t bother me at all.

I prefer [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]. The meaning doesn’t bother me. [name_m]Cash[/name_m] seems like a natural nickname!

1 Like

We can’t use cash, with our last name it ends up sounding a bit inappropriate haha

Cassian for its softer, gentler vibe.

I love [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]–so bright, lively, and distinctive yet approachable! The meaning doesn’t bother me at all. But if “[name_m]Cash[/name_m]” makes an inappropriate-sounding phrase with your surname, that might give me pause; it just seems like such an intuitive shortening of the name, even if you don’t choose it as a nn.

Yeah that’s a fair point, it’s just the only name my husband likes so far and I just can’t figure it out! We might just call this kid [name_u]Baby[/name_u] forever at this rate. Lol

1 Like

How are you pronouncing [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]?

[name_u]Cass[/name_u]-ee-in. I’ve also heard [name_m]Cash[/name_m]-in but i haven’t been able to find the original pronunciation.

3 Likes

I realized I assumed the other pronunciation! I can definitely see one this working better in your case (although I’m not sure which pronunciation is more common; I just went with cash-in intuitively).

I really like [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]! But I’m not sure how you’d avoid [name_u]Cass[/name_u] as a nn, I think it’d just come out!

The meaning wouldn’t bother me because it’s not anything sinister. I’m having a hard time deciding between the two. I really like both. As far as nn, I like [name_m]Cash[/name_m] or what about just C?

I prefer [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]!

Cassian is brilliant! I like the nn [name_m]Cian[/name_m]

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]; it seems brighter, softer, and more modern. I also like that it’s a saint’s name, and I think it was used in a [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars movie.

I like both [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] and [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] feels a little more down to earth though, while [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] makes me think more of a [name_m]Roman[/name_m] emperor.

I love Greyblue’s suggestion of [name_m]Cian[/name_m] as a nickname for [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]!

1 Like

I think the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] emperor is why my husband likes [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] lol

But I agree and I do like [name_m]Cian[/name_m]!

I prefer [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] as well. It flows better.

Definitely [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]! I personally wouldn’t use a nickname at all because it’s so great in full. But, if you would prefer one besides the obvious ones, the suggestion of [name_m]Cian[/name_m] could work.