Cassiopeia, Calliope.

What do you think of the names [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] and [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]?

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]: I’m watching an australian TV show Tidelands and there’s a character named [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Cal[/name_u]). It’s adorable! I would love to meet a little [name_u]Cal[/name_u]/[name_f]Callie[/name_f].

[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]: It’s mesmerising and magical to me, but is it wearable? I love the nickname [name_m]Cas[/name_m] as much as I love [name_u]Cal[/name_u]. I don’t like [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]. Have you ever met anyone with this name? Any other nicknames ([name_f]Cassia[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f])?

I love [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], I don’t particularly care for [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]. I fell in love with [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] due to a character from [name_u]Grey[/name_u]'s Anatomy called this, but she was mostly just [name_f]Callie[/name_f]. [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] is a magical name, but I just can’t see it as wearable.

My god do I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]. I think if I ever have a daughter in the future [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] has a very good chance of being her first name. Constellation names are my weaknesses.

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] I am neutral on, I like it but not as much as I like [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]. They’re both solid, unique (but not too over the top) names though so really, you can’t go wrong with either.

I love [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]! [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] is way too much for me to ever get on board with. It’s too clunky and fanciful for my liking.

I like [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]. [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f], at 5 syllables, is way too much and honestly sounds like a vocal warm up more than a name for a kid.

I personally love [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f].

I love both, but do prefer [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]. Both names just looks so beautifully whimsical and musical - just lovely.

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Cass[/name_u]/[name_m]Cas[/name_m] and I really like that [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] is a constellation, but it is a mouthful and not that usable imo.
Other nicknames: [name_f]Pia[/name_f], [name_m]Pip[/name_m], [name_f]Sia[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] is kind of clunky (sounds too similar to “galloping” to me) and not really any more usable than [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f], though I do like [name_u]Cal[/name_u] and [name_f]Callie[/name_f].

I really like both but I feel [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] is easier to wear. I love the flow and sounds!

I love [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]! I used to be unsure whether this was pronounced [name_f]Callie[/name_f]-opie or [name_f]Callie[/name_f]-ope. Then I was in a shop called [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] when I was on holiday and decided to google the pronounciation. When I realised it was Call-eye-oh-pee, I fell in love! :slight_smile: [name_u]Cal[/name_u] and [name_f]Callie[/name_f] are lovely nicknames.

I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Cassy[/name_f] as a nickname, I like [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] and [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]. But [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] is little too whimsical for me.

I think both names are pretty, but there’s something slightly off about both of them for me. It’s possibly just I’ve grown used to be them, though [name_m]Ive[/name_m] never known anybody with either name, and the novelty has worn off a bit.

I like how fun and spunky [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] is, and [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] is so epically awesome! That being said, I’m not quite sure how wearable they’d be in real life.

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] might work, she may actually use her full name day to day but she may well also decide to go by [name_f]Callie[/name_f]. The pronunciation would be the main issue- a lot of people would probably say cally-ope rather than cuh-lye-uh-pee- and most people wouldn’t know how to spell it.

[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] is just so long that she would inevitably go by a nickname. I see no problem with calling her [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] day to day and having [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] as the full name- much more interesting than [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]! But if you don’t like [name_f]Cassie[/name_f], I don’t think you should use it, given [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] is such an obvious nickname. [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] is nice but that could get shortened to [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] too, like how some Sophias get called [name_f]Sophie[/name_f].

I actually really like the name [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f], but I just don’t like how it’s spelled, it makes the name look more ‘out there’ than it really is. That’s not to say it isn’t an ‘out there’ name because I think it is, but with the onward trend of unique baby names, I think it’ll easily stand on its own in the future.

I looooove [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] but am not as fond of [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]. [name_m]Cas[/name_m], [name_f]Cassia[/name_f], and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] are all cute nicknames! I think Opie would be cute but I’m not sure if anyone else would agree.