Cassiopeia?

What do you all think of the name [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]? Does it seem too unusual? Too much? What vibe does it give off to you guys?

Also, how would you pronounce it? I personally say [name_u]Cassio[/name_u]-pee-a (like the constellation) but I’ve heard people say [name_u]Cassio[/name_u]-pay-a when used for a person.

Thanks in advance!

I don’t think it’s too unusual or too much. It makes me think of the constellation, so I envision that, as well as Ancient Greek women.

I go back and forth between the two pronunciations. I prefer cassio-pay-a.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] has familiar enough sounds that it doesn’t come across as too out there. It’s a lovely choice

1 Like

I think it’s usable with the nn [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]. I pronounce it cassio-pay-uh.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s too much at all and I agree that nn [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] makes it more wearable. I like the stellar connection as well. Maybe it would be more wearable as a middle name for a shorter first name like [name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] or [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]. As for pronunciation, I pronounce it both ways depending on my mood!

1 Like

I like it! I think its really classy and beautiful. I pronounce it cassio-pee-a as well. Agree with previous posters suggestions of nn [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] as something a bit less cumbersome for daily use.

1 Like

I’ve never been a big fan of [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f], because to me, it does feel a bit clunky to wear every day. [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] though does make it a bit more accessible!

1 Like

Cassiopeia is my daughter’s favorite constellation (she’s five and knows more about space than I do!) so it gets a lot of use in our house. I love it. I don’t think it’s any more “out there” than the other celestial names, like [name_f]Luna[/name_f] or [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] or [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] (who I now know, thanks to said five year old, was [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]’s daughter :joy: ) I’d pronounce it the way you do.

1 Like

I dont think it’s any weirder than [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], and that’s pretty popular!
Plua nicknames [name_u]Cass[/name_u], [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] and [name_f]Pia[/name_f] make it familiar.
I’d pronounce it the way you do. It’s how we say it in Greece as well.

1 Like

I think it’s rather nice. I don’t think it’s too odd so it’s definitely useable but it isn’t one of the most common names I’ve heard of. When I do see it I think of all the other names that kinda connect with it like [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f], [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]; but that’s just a me thing. Also I would pronounce it as
[name_u]Cass[/name_u]-eo-pee-uh, but I have heard other people pronounce it the “pay” way. I think you can pronounce it either way in my opinion without too much difference.:grin:

1 Like

It’s too much of a mouthful to me. I love [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] though!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]! I’m not sure I have the courage to use it in real life but I would absolutely love to meet one. I say it like you do when talking about the constellation, but I prefer [name_u]Cassio[/name_u]-pay-uh.

1 Like

i never heard that name before but it’s pretty! i would pronounce it like [name_u]Cassio[/name_u]-pee-a (:

1 Like

That’s exactly how I envision it as well, which is probably why I’m considering it. And that pronunciation is so pretty!

Thanks for the tip of using it as a middle! I’ll definitely keep that in mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your daughter sounds lovely! I started liking the name as a toddler as well :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I agree, it would definitely be my preferred nickname for the name if I ever used it :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s sort of where I’m at as well. Thanks so much for the input! :heart:

1 Like