Cat names that sound like Marshall?

My mum is looking at adopting a new cat soon, and the one she is looking at is a lovely, playful boy called [name_m]Marshall[/name_m].

The problem is, one of my best friends (human) is called [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] too! So we’re thinking of renaming him to something else.

My mum is concerned that he might be used to being called [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] so doesn’t want to change his name too drastically. I’m stumped. [name_m]Can[/name_m] you think of any names for a cat that sound similar to [name_m]Marshall[/name_m]?

He has short fur, and is mostly white with a black face and a black splodge on his back.

TIA!

I know a cat called Mousehole (MOW-zel), named after this book:

(Which is lovely, by the way).

Otherwise, how about [name_u]Misha[/name_u]?

1 Like

Marzipan, [name_u]Mars[/name_u], [name_m]Marcel[/name_m], [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m], [name_u]Michel[/name_u] (pronounced like [name_f]Michelle[/name_f])

1 Like

For what it’s worth, cats don’t usually care if you completely change their name or not. We got a cat last year who was 6 at the time and changed his name. He started responding to his new name within a couple hours.

But if she’s really that concerned and it would be too weird for you to have a cat and a friend share a name, how about…
[name_m]Marcel[/name_m]
[name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]
[name_f]Carole[/name_f]
[name_u]Darryl[/name_u]
[name_m]Connel[/name_m]
[name_m]Lowell[/name_m]
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u]
[name_u]Merrill[/name_u]

1 Like

Marshmallow!!

5 Likes

@EJpuddlejumper Off topic but…fellow HIMYM fan? :thinking:

nope never watched it

sorry we name all our cats food names (with random middles middles like Garbanzo Meatball or [name_f]Precious[/name_f])

Ah - One of the main characters is named [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] and his wife calls him Marshmallow as a pet name.

Sorry to hijack your thread, @floatinthesky!

1 Like

@futuremama That’s okay! I have seen HIMYM and also thought of Marshmallow or maybe even just [name_u]Mallow[/name_u] haha! [name_f]My[/name_f] mum likes that too.

I like the suggestions of [name_m]Marcel[/name_m], Marzipan and Mousehole - maybe even just Mouse? A cat called Mouse sounds kinda cute to me! Funnily enough my human friend [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] wants us to keep his name! We’re going to meet him next week hopefully so I’ll take all these ideas with me and see what suits him.

2 Likes

Eminem, for [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] Mather :slight_smile: