Cataleya

What are your thoughts on [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] (cat-uh-LAY-uh) please?

Is it too [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] Saldana in Colombiana?

5 Likes

Never heard it before, but I love it. It’s very unexpected and unique but without losing it’s beauty.

2 Likes

I love Cataleya! I’ve never seen or heard of that movie before, but I think it’s such a stunning and unique name. It would easily be in my first name contenders if my significant other was on board lol. I do find the “y” as a bit of a put-off, but not a deal breaker!

1 Like

[name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] has so much flair! I love it

1 Like

I loved her in that movie! Made me fall in love with the name and [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] was on my list for the longest time. I love that it’s a flower name and you could get a few cute nicknames out of it :blush:

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the name! Haven’t heard of the movie but I like [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] Saldana :blush:

1 Like

It’s not my normal style, but I think it’s really beautiful and striking. I like it!

1 Like

It’s a pretty floral name! Never seen that movie. According to Nameberry [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] is pronounced Cat-uh-lee-uh :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I love [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] - it’s so melodic and pretty sounding! I’ve never seen Colombiana, but I know a little [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u], so I think of her :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s cat-uh-LAY-uh in the movie :blush: I don’t like the lee-uh ending!

1 Like

I like it. I agree with the previous posters, it’s very mellifluous.

1 Like

Haven’t seen Colombiana, but love the look and sound of this name! Very beautiful and princess-y but also strong

1 Like

I’ve never seen the movie, and I’ve only seen this name two or three times on the forums recently, but it has a gorgeous sound! Sounds very pretty and regal. I think the pronunciation is quite intuitive so that shouldn’t be a problem either. I like it!

1 Like

I like [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u]! [name_f]My[/name_f] cousin named her baby Kataleia pronounced exactly the same. I don’t think it’s too [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] Saldana! I know it’s a real name but it does sound a bit like a smushed or made up name. I think I just need more exposure to it to get that feeling out, but it is very cute.

1 Like

I quite like it !! It’s fun sounding.

1 Like

Thanks guys :blush: I’m surprised most don’t know the movie, [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] climbed the charts because of Colombiana! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] it isn’t people’s first thought.

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u]. Its a very unique choice and i would use it to honor a deceased family member of mine who died as a teenager due to an overdose - her name was [name_f]Catalina[/name_f]

2 Likes

Never heard it and thought it was going to be pronounced cat-uh-LYE-uh, but either way, I love the way it sounds so much!

1 Like

I love it! [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Cat[/name_f] as a nn an like floral reference.

1 Like

Love Cataleya :heart: It’s on my list for my first girl :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Tied with Catalina!

2 Likes