Cecilia and co. ~ which is your fave?

See the results of this poll: Which is your fave?

Respondents: 59 (This poll is closed)

• Cecilia/ Cecelia : 22 (30%)
  • Cecily : 22 (30%)
  • Celia : 23 (32%)
  • Sicily/ Cicely : 3 (4%)
  • Celie/ Celi/ Seeley: 3 (4%)

[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] is my favorite.

[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], I love it.

I voted [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]/[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Celia[/name_f]. Celily is ok, and looks pretty on paper, but I always feel awkward saying it aloud. [name_f]Sicily[/name_f] is too much like the Italian city for my taste. [name_f]Celie[/name_f] is a cute nickname but it is not substantial enough to stand on its own, especially if you spell it Celi or even worse [name_u]Seeley[/name_u].

[name_f]Celie[/name_f]/Célie is my favorite <3 I also really love Cécile, though it’s not on the poll.

[name_f]Celia[/name_f] has been a long time favorite of mine.

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] is one of my favorite names. Trying to convince DH to like it for the future!

I love these names so I have thought about it. In order:

1. [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] - it’s so pretty and lighthearted, and reminds me of [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] Wilde
  2. [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - much more elegant and mature
  3. [name_f]Celia[/name_f] - I do like the simplicity and smoothness of it, and its association with [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]'s As You Like It, but it just doesn’t have the same appeal as the first two
  4. [name_f]Cicely[/name_f] - I like the sound but it’s too associated with the place, and I don’t like place-names. [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] is so similar and superior.
  5. [name_f]Celie[/name_f] - too nickname-y for a full name, or too associated with seals or ceilings

While I love the name [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], I recently met a 9 year old named [name_f]Celia[/name_f] and she was so bright and charming it really made me love the name! It also felt unique and really cool, finally seeing it used on a little girl!

Reminds me of [name_f]Julia[/name_f]

A friend’s younger sister’s name was [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] growing up, I thought it was the prettiest name is ever heard lol

I found [name_u]Seeley[/name_u] on nameberry. Never thought to spell it that way but it means “happy” which I thought was cute (a lot better than “blind” lol). DH said it reminded him of [name_m]Seely[/name_m] posture pedic. Lol

Oh I did forget one! Didn’t even think of [name_f]Cecile[/name_f].

And yeah, [name_f]Celie[/name_f] is cute! It could always be a nick name of any of the above.