Cecily...occasionally nicknamed Lily?

DH is trying to convince me to fall in love with [name]Cecily[/name]…I like it very much (not crazy about the meaning, however)–but I love, love the name [name]Lily[/name]. He thinks we could call her [name]Lily[/name] as a nickname sometimes, though [name]Cece[/name] most of the time. Thoughts?

He loves [name]Lily[/name] as well, but the popularity is a big turn off for both of us. Here are the combos we’re considering for a girl:

[name]Lilla[/name] [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Patrice[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Patrice[/name]

I think [name]Lily[/name] works well as a nickname, it’s lovely but the popularity is a huge turn off for me too. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lilia[/name] though! [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Patrice[/name] is great.

Not seeing how [name]Lily[/name] would be a nickname for [name]Cecily[/name].

Did you mean to write [name]Lilla[/name] or [name]Lilia[/name]? [name]Both[/name] I think are a nice way to compromise, to get to [name]Lily[/name] without naming her [name]Lily[/name] since it’s so popular.

He thinks since “ily” is the ending of [name]Cecily[/name], she could be nicknamed [name]Lily[/name] too. And I meant [name]Lilla[/name], double l’s. It is our favorite “[name]Lily[/name]” name, and I agree, a nice compromise since [name]Lily[/name] is so popular, but she’d probably be called [name]Lily[/name] 50% of the time, so I’m still not really sure if that’s the way to go since we don’t like the popularity of [name]Lily[/name].

I like [name]Cecily[/name] nn [name]Lily[/name]. its a sweet and uncommon nickname for [name]Cecily[/name]/an unique way to get [name]Lily[/name].
I love your combo of [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Patrice[/name]. great flow.

As for the meaning of [name]Cecily[/name], I agree with you. I don’t know how set you are with your combinations right now. But if you’re willing to play around with other name combo options, you can pair it with another name whose meaning is maybe a complement with “blind”.
Example, I know someone who used [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Faith[/name], which means “blind faith” when put together.

But I do like [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Patrice[/name], nn [name]Lily[/name], and I don’t think the meaning of [name]Cecily[/name] really bothers me. Also, I don’t know many individuals who know name meanings.

Thanks for the replies. I like the idea of pairing [name]Cecily[/name] with a name that complements “blind.” I’m pretty in love with my [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Patrice[/name] middle name combo though! Any other thoughts on [name]Cecily[/name], nicknamed [name]Lily[/name]?

I think [name]Lily[/name] is fine as a nickname for [name]Cecily[/name], 3 out of the 4 letters are right there in a row.