Cecily?

My husband and I are expecting our first child and are having trouble agreeing on a girl’s name. My top pick was [name]Georgia[/name], which he vetoed. I also love [name]Genevieve[/name], which he isn’t crazy about. He suggested [name]Jennifer[/name] and [name]Alexandra[/name], which I vetoed.

The two girls name that we have found that we both like are [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name]. I think I prefer [name]Cecily[/name] over [name]Charlotte[/name], but I’m worried that it’s a little too unusual. I do love [name]Charlotte[/name], but, on the other hand, I’m worried that it is getting too popular. Any suggestions/thoughts would be most appreciated!

[name]Both[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are beautiful, classy names and I don’t think you can go wrong with either of them :slight_smile:

[name]Charlotte[/name] has the more familiar appeal, but there is the slight risk of over-popularity (it will take several years though).

Personally, I prefer [name]Cecily[/name] (though it’s close) due to its quirky and unexpected appeal. It still has the same classy, refined elegance as [name]Charlotte[/name] but with a slightly more out-of-the-ordinary and spunky element.

[name]Hi[/name]! I really love both names, but if popularity is a concern, I think that the more distinctive [name]Cecily[/name] would be a better bet. I think it’s so elegant, as well as uncommon (but not too “out there”) and refreshing.

Whether you go with [name]Cecily[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name], I honestly don’t think you can go wrong! :slight_smile:

Some more names you may like:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]/[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name])
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Charlotte[/name] is nice, but [name]Cecily[/name], in my opinion, is perfection (it is on our list, too). I think it is refined but accessable, unusual but easy to pronounce, feminine and light but not frilly, and it reminds me of The Importance of Being [name]Ernest[/name], which I think is a wonderful connection.

Good luck!

I love the name [name]Charlotte[/name] - I don’t think it is getting too popular. Instead of [name]Cecily[/name] I would use [name]Celia[/name].

[name]Cecily[/name] was one of my top picks too!

You might also like [name]Celeste[/name] and [name]Carlotta[/name].

Any of these names would be great: [name]Carlotta[/name], [name]Cecily[/name]. [name]Celeste[/name], or [name]Charlotte[/name].
Also
[name]Calandra[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]

love those “C” names! [name]Cecily[/name] is one of most favorite “C” names.

I like [name]Cecily[/name] because it is unpretentious and easy to say plus being a pretty name.

I love the nn of [name]Charlie[/name] but would prefer it on a [name]Charles[/name].

My top vote is for [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Kate[/name].

I love the name [name]Cecily[/name].

Good luck!

I love love love [name]Cecily[/name]! Unfortunately my husband doesn’t. :frowning: I also love [name]Charlotte[/name], and it’s on our current list of potential baby names, but if I had the option, I would definitely go with [name]Cecily[/name]!