Celestial boy names?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!

I’ve been falling in love with more and more celestial names like [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]. However, I’ve found that their are a lot more girl names than boy names. What are your favourite astronomical names?

Also, what astronomical middles would you give to [name_m]Walter[/name_m] and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]?

Thanks!

[name_m]Altair[/name_m]
Alioth
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestin[/name_f]
[name_m]Helios[/name_m]
Solal
Stelian
Stelios
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]

My two favorites are Kuiper ([name_u]KYE[/name_u]-per) and [name_m]Cosimo[/name_m] (although [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]/Cosmos would do quite well, too!). I think [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Cosimo[/name_m] (or even the others) would be fantastic, and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] Kuiper works pretty well, too! I like [name_u]Orion[/name_u], as well, and [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] or [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] are both fantastic.

Astronomy/the stars/the celestial night sky has a lot of meaning to me, for my childhood, so I was looking for an option, too. [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] (g) and Kuiper (b) ended up being my favorite options, although I’m considering [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Cosimo[/name_m] lately, too! :slight_smile: I remember loving learning about the Kuiper belt in my college astronomy course, and I think Kuiper sounds so smart and spunky! I think it suits the style of names like [name_u]Piper[/name_u], [name_m]Ryder[/name_m], [name_m]Kyler[/name_m], etc., while still being distinct and having a great tie behind it. It’s one of my mns for [name_m]Jack[/name_m] ([name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] Kuiper).

[name_m]Walter[/name_m] Naos
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_f]Navi[/name_f]/s
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] Caelum
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] Corvus
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] / [name_u]Oberon[/name_u]

Phaethon
[name_m]Argo[/name_m]
[name_m]Castor[/name_m]
[name_m]Sirius[/name_m] (too [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]?)

My first thought was [name_f]Nova[/name_f].

[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_m]Aries[/name_m]
[name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]
[name_u]Mars[/name_u]
[name_u]Mercury[/name_u]
Arago
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]
[name_u]Ara[/name_u]
[name_m]Draco[/name_m]
[name_m]Perseus[/name_m]

To see some more, go to this blog.

Sorry, completely lost this thread. Thank you so much everyone!

@mccharlie I really like [name_m]Altair[/name_m], Solal, [name_m]Stellan[/name_m]/Stelian/Stelios and [name_m]Helio[/name_m]! Thank you!

I really like Kuiper, thanks @Ashthedreamer! [name_m]Cosimo[/name_m] is cool, though probably not for me sorry. [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Cosimo[/name_m] is very handsome, too!

@Opheliaflora, [name_m]Walter[/name_m] Caelum is very handsome, as is [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] Corvus. I really like [name_m]Argo[/name_m], though not sure how well it will work asa name (though it is the middle name, so perhaps). I really like the argonauts story, too, so that’s a bonus. I also like [name_m]Castor[/name_m], but not as much as [name_m]Argo[/name_m]. [name_m]Sirius[/name_m] was one I was considering, but it is too HP for me (though I love the character). Thank you so much!

@alchemicallypurplefairy, thanks for the link! I really like [name_f]Nova[/name_f], but it’s all girl to me. Same as [name_u]Seren[/name_u] and [name_u]Ariel[/name_u]. I really like [name_u]Oberon[/name_u] and [name_m]Perseus[/name_m], and [name_u]Ara[/name_u]! Thank you!