Cerelia Hawthorne?

I’m probably going to be posting until the day I go into labor, since my husband keeps changing his mind about everything. We love Greek and [name]Roman[/name] mythology, and [name]Cerelia[/name] is the [name]Roman[/name] goddess of spring. (She’ll be born in [name]April[/name]). So, WDYT? Is [name]Cerelia[/name] [name]Hawthorne[/name] a good name to go with [name]Caspian[/name] [name]Purcell[/name]?

[name]Hi[/name] I don’t think it matters what month your daughter is born in if you wish to give her a [name]Goddess[/name] of [name]Spring[/name] name because in the Southern Hemisphere it isn’t [name]Spring[/name] till [name]September[/name].

I think [name]Cerelia[/name] is quite pretty but bound to be confused with the more well known [name]Cecelia[/name]. I would not use [name]Hawthorne[/name] unless there is a family connection.

Looking forward to reading the birth announcement on Nameberries Birth section.

rollo :slight_smile:

PS [name]Caspian[/name] and [name]Cerelia[/name] go well together but you may feel that you have to give further siblings a name starting with C which is fine but sometimes people start a theme not realising they are doing so.

Is [name]Cerelia[/name] pronounced Cee-real-lee-a or Cee-real-yah? Or neither of those?

Sur-ee-lee-ah, I think. I tried to Google for pronunciation but there were a few variations.

Looooove [name]Cerelia[/name] [name]Hawthorne[/name], especially with [name]Caspian[/name] [name]Purcell[/name]! Perfect!

Best of luck :slight_smile:

I like [name]Cerelia[/name], it’s like [name]Cecilia[/name] + [name]Aurelia[/name] all rolled into one. I don’t care for the middle name [name]Hawthorne[/name] though. I would save that one for a male child and pick a more feminine middle name.

There are some variations on spelling that you might consider if you wanted to stray away from two C names, you could go with [name]Sarelia[/name]. I read one pronunciation that actually said the C in [name]Cerelia[/name] is pronounced like “cheese” as in some Italian names, so if you spell it with an S you will avoid that pronunciation from ever occurring and you would avoid having two C names. I think the spelling is a little less obvious personally, just because it strays away from the [name]Cecilia[/name] association and takes on a whole new spelling which while phonetic, is a little less familiar. I do like the way [name]Sarelia[/name] looks and sounds though - I pronounce it a little more like Suh-REH-lee-uh (which I prefer), rather than Suh-REEL-yuh/Suh-[name]REE[/name]-lee-uh which is what I think when I see [name]Cerelia[/name] due to the [name]Cecilia[/name] association.

I also just wanted to suggest the names [name]Ceres[/name] or [name]Cerise[/name] as other similar sounding possible alternatives. I really like [name]Ceres[/name], it’s super cute and a little more fun/spunky sounding. [name]Cerise[/name] is something you might choose if you like [name]Ceres[/name] but want something a little more mainstream with a bit more of a girly frilly sound. [name]Cerelia[/name] is definitely the name for a little princess…or perhaps a young goddess. =p

[name]Caspian[/name] and [name]Ceres[/name], so cute!

Wow, good suggestion on the spelling. I didn’t really want another “C” name, since mine is also a “C”, but I compromised with the soft “C” sound in [name]Cerelia[/name]. I really like [name]Sarelia[/name] though- thanks! And my husband doesn’t like [name]Hawthorne[/name] either, so we’re back to the drawing board on middle names.