Ceridwen/Briar-Rose.

What do you think of [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]? [name_f]Love[/name_f] it? Hate it? What does this name make you feel and imagine? What middle names would you pair with it? What first names would you pair with it (as a middle name)?

What do you think of [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]? I know a lot of people up here aren’t a fan, and think it’s unusable. But if you can name your child off of a literary character, a mythological God or [name_f]Goddess[/name_f], a celebrity/famous person, or a character from a movie, then I think you can use [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I think sleeping beauty is more known as [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] anyway.

Thanks for any replies in advance! :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] more than [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f], but both are nice.

I love [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I m really not a fan of either one

I love [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]! [name_f]Love[/name_f] it! If only my Husband could start loving it too… It used to be on our list, and I had the combo [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] Chione [name_f]Solenne[/name_f] as my favourite. [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] is an enchantress and queen in Welsh mythology, one of the most important character, the mother of [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u]; the great bard. She’s the goddess of poetry and inspiration, associated with the moon and rebirth. I see [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] as all snowy and frosty white, pure, magical and enchanting.

[name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is bleeding toes to me. I danced the part a few times, and I can still feel the pain. But the names are pretty.

I knew a [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] - she’s around 19 now. When she was younger she went by [name_f]Ceri[/name_f] and it fit her well. Last time I saw her was a few years ago and she was going by her full name. It is beautiful and sounds strong to me. [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] is unusual, but comprised of familiar name sounds. I have no idea what I would put in the middle, but I would use it as a first. [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is just not my favorite. Maybe I just can’t get past the [name_f]Briar[/name_f] part.

This made me love [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] even more! I’ve been trying to stay away from C names, but I think I could make an exception with [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]. Thank you!

[name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] is lovely and an interesting character, too. [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is fine but a bit too much for me.

Oh wow, it’s nice to hear about a [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] in real life! [name_f]Ceri[/name_f] is cute, but I think if I used [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f], I’d have to use the full name 95% of the time! I prefer the nickname [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] though. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I don’t really love [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f], but I much prefer it to [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f].

Honestly, to me it’s like naming your child Brer-Rabbit, Brer-[name_m]Fox[/name_m] or even [name_m]Prince[/name_m] Charming.

It’s not that [name_f]Briar[/name_f] can’t be an okay name on it’s own. It’s not that [name_f]Rose[/name_f] isn’t lovely. It’s not that you can’t name your kid after a character.

It’s that it’s not an actual name. It’s a place where she lived being used as a way to identify her. Like Subway [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or Frontier [name_m]Davy[/name_m] [name_m]Crockett[/name_m] or [name_m]Loch[/name_m] Ness Monster.

I guess the closest connection would be [name_f]Meadow[/name_f]-[name_f]Lark[/name_f], because at least that’s pretty. [name_m]Both[/name_m] can be used as names in a sense, but together they are rather extreme to use as a name for a real person.

[name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] is so beautiful and i love [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] as an nn.
I also love [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] though prefer it without the hyphon.
[name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] just sounds so amazing i would love to meet one.
[name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is totally useable, with all the other names i’ve been hearing this seems tame.

I totally see where you’re coming from, but I don’t personally see this as a problem. Yes, they created [name_f]Briar[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] together, but they’re both names with their own meanings. It’s just like any other double-barrel name to me. But maybe that’s because I liked [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and thought it was beautiful before I found out about the Sleeping Beauty connection. Same thing with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] (Sleeping Beauty was never one of my favorite princess stories/movies. I just assumed that her name was “Sleeping Beauty” for the longest time. Lol.). I just don’t have a problem with it. But thanks for your input! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] is sweet, magical and beautiful. I also think of winter and snow and frost. [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] seems too cutesy and cartoonish for an adult, though either [name_f]Briar[/name_f] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f] on its own would be nice. Maybe do first name [name_f]Briar[/name_f], middle name [name_f]Rose[/name_f] so you can call her by both but doesn’t have to use them together as an adult?

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] you love [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]! I love [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] without the hyphen too, but I feel like the hyphen ties the name together as one name. Idk, I’ve actually been going back and forth with myself about the hyphen. I totally think it’s usable too! My taste is unusual and [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is definitely one of the tamer, more “normal” names in my collection of names. Especially with [name_f]Rose[/name_f] in the name. :slight_smile:

Thanks! [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] also gives me a gentle (but strong), delicate, snowy, wintery vibe. I would only use [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] together. I don’t care for the names individually too much.

[name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] has a wonderful sound, but depending on where you live, it might be more fitting as a middle name.

[name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is purely a fairy tale name to me, not usable on a real person, like [name_f]Cinderella[/name_f]. kala_way said it perfectly, saying that it’s an identifier, but not quite a name. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is a much more usable choice.

[name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] is too outlandish to me. I much prefer [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]. : )

I would have to say I like [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] best as it’s my three year old daughter’s name. Though when we found the name it was spelled Cerridwen. Her middle name is [name_f]Willow[/name_f] (Cerridwen [name_f]Willow[/name_f]). [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is neat, but I can’t shake Sleeping Beauty, but that’s just because it’s not my cup of tea. I think it’s totally usable.

I love [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]. To me, [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] is running through lush forests, and dancing by firelight. She’s shimmery and flowy; twirls of gold and silver, flashes of crimson red, hints of copper and orange. Her bright red hair billows around her pale face.

[name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and I have a love/hate relationship. Sweet smelling roses lull you into unexpected thorn bushes. [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a beautiful name, but [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] is my favorite.

I like [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] [name_f]Eira[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I love both.
Honestly I never thought I’d be able to picture a [name_f]Briar[/name_f] in RL but then I came across a very non-Sleeping-Beauty type character in a book.
I think I prefer [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] just because [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] = [name_m]Thorny[/name_m] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and well I’m just not sure I’d want my first name to be [name_m]Thorny[/name_m]. (equally while I know a quite beautiful [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] it’s meaning completely turns me off of it as a viable choice for my future children).