Ch- Sibset (two sets of twins!)

I saw this news story yesterday about a woman giving birth to two sets of identical twins (!) — two boys and two girls.

She has an older daughter named Chantel, and the babies will all have Ch- names as well. The girls are Chesley and Chatham and the boys are Chance and Cheston.

If you had to give two girls and two boys names that started with the same two letters, what would you choose? Would you build the set around a single favorite name, or choose a letter pair where you have multiple favorites?

For the former, I’d build it around Tilda and use the girl names Tilda and Tilu, and boy names Timo and Tig.

But I like a lot of Fr- names, so I have more equal affection for Frieda, Francie, Freyr, and Fritz.

Curious to hear your choices!

4 Likes

I’m lucky in that my top two names already start with the same two letters – [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]!

I would go with [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] for the first three. A second boy is harder – I’d probably use [name_u]Sal[/name_u]. I love it but wish I loved a full name which it could be a nickname for.

I could also do [name_u]An[/name_u]- names easily. Probably [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_m]Anson[/name_m] or [name_m]Anselm[/name_m], [name_u]Antonia[/name_u], and [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f].

2 Likes

I’d absolutely go with [name_u]Florence[/name_u], [name_u]Flannery[/name_u], [name_m]Flint[/name_m], and [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m], easily! [name_u]Four[/name_u] loves! For short: [name_f]Flo[/name_f], [name_f]Fanny[/name_f], Flinny, and [name_m]Fletch[/name_m]. :evergreen_tree::tulip:

Another possibility would be [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Beulah[/name_f], [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], and [name_m]Beaumont[/name_m]. :white_heart::blossom:

2 Likes

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u], [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] & [name_u]Elias[/name_u]

or

[name_f]Hallie[/name_f], [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] & [name_m]Hadrian[/name_m]

2 Likes

Hmm, maybe [name_f]Sarai[/name_f], [name_f]Saskia[/name_f], [name_m]Samson[/name_m] and [name_m]Sayer[/name_m]

2 Likes

This would be so tricky!

I think I’d go with Co- since there are multiple names that I love which start with those letters, and they all sound different enough that they would still feel distinguished from one another.

[name_f]Constance[/name_f], [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], [name_m]Colin[/name_m] and [name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_f]Tansy[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Lin[/name_f], and [name_u]Cory[/name_u]

+Cosima “Cosy” if I were to have a name for the older sister as well

1 Like

[name_f]Mara[/name_f], [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_m]Matteo[/name_m], and [name_u]Max[/name_u]!

2 Likes

This was actually really hard!

[name_u]Mason[/name_u], [name_u]Maverick[/name_u], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], and [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] :sunflower:

[name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_u]Flannery[/name_u], [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m], and [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] :camping:

1 Like

I’d probably go with Fr- too: [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Frida[/name_f], [name_u]Freddie[/name_u], and [name_u]Frankie[/name_u].

[name_u]Or[/name_u] if I used [name_u]Robin[/name_u] as a starting point: [name_u]Robin[/name_u], [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u], [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], and [name_f]Ronja[/name_f].

So difficult to pick names that don’t sound too similar for siblings!

1 Like

:blossom: Ferris, Feodor, Fern, and Felicity :blossom:

1 Like

maybe…

eliza, eleanor, elliot, and elijah
liza, lanie, elliot, and eli

or

savannah, saylor, sawyer, and saint

1 Like

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_u]Calloway[/name_u], [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] & [name_f]Calluna[/name_f] (although calloway & calluna share the name four letters :face_with_peeking_eye:)

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Elouera[/name_f], [name_m]Elio[/name_m] & [name_u]Elwen[/name_u]

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f], [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] & [name_u]Dallas[/name_u]
daya, dolly, dash & dal

[name_u]December[/name_u], [name_m]Devereaux[/name_m], [name_f]Deja[/name_f] & [name_f]Della[/name_f]

1 Like

I have an abundance of Ca- names on my list so probably:

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Casimir[/name_m], [name_u]Calypso[/name_u], and [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] (+Cassandra for older sister)

Also maybe:

[name_m]Percival[/name_m], [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (+Petunia for older sister)

2 Likes

Hmm…

[name_u]Marvel[/name_u], Maëva, [name_m]Malo[/name_m], & [name_m]Makai[/name_m]

[name_f]Eleni[/name_f], [name_f]Eluned[/name_f], [name_m]Elio[/name_m], & [name_m]Elouan[/name_m]

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]Roux[/name_u], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], & [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]

1 Like

August, Aurora & Audrey
Sebastian & Seraphina
Percy & Penelope
Wilbur & Willow

1 Like

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] :rabbit2:

1 Like

I already have a De so I will use those !

Demaris , [name_m]Deacon[/name_m], [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] & [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]

[name_f]Demi[/name_f] , Deak , [name_u]Del[/name_u] and [name_m]Dex[/name_m]

[name_f]Mari[/name_f], [name_m]Doc[/name_m] , [name_u]Lane[/name_u] & [name_m]Dex[/name_m]

1 Like

Ma names worked best for me, I think I’d be happy with this set, it feels like everyone gets their “own” name, not just variations on a theme:

Marcel and Mathis (pronounced ma-tees), Maxine and Maya

Edited: I forgot to do the older sister, Maeva

I have all the “Ju” names on my list but mostly they sound too similar to use together (can’t have Jude and Judith or June and Juno or Julien and Juliette!). This was the best I could do, though I don’t think I’d use Junot and Juniper together in real life!

Jude and Junot, Juniper and Juliette

Edit: this is sooo hard with a fifth name! I think I’d have to go with something a bit more creative/invented. I’ve thought of July as a name before, maybe that could work here!

1 Like

I like the Ca sets—I have a lot of “ca” names to come to think of it:

[name_m]Caius[/name_m] and [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
[name_f]Calanthe[/name_f] and [name_f]Catalina[/name_f]

They could go by [name_u]Cai[/name_u], [name_u]Cass[/name_u], [name_f]Calla[/name_f], and [name_f]Cat[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_u]Dempsey[/name_u] & [name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_m]Deacon[/name_m] & [name_u]Declan[/name_u]
[name_f]Delta[/name_f]

1 Like