Challenge: need a name to fit the pattern!

[name]Hi[/name] berries!

A friend of mine is pregnant with her 3rd child, and just for fun we thought we’d see what you fabulous namers could come up with to fit the theme:

[name]Both[/name] children have 4-letter names, with the 3rd letter being “Y”. Due to a strong Welsh connection, both names have a Celtic/British Isles origin.

I’ve generated an interesting list so far, but I’d like to see your suggestions “from scratch”.

Thanks, everyone!

Well, your friend has certainly made it hard to come up with options. Off the top of my head, here are some British/Celtic four letter names with “y” in the third letter…
[name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Glyn[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Gwyn[/name]
[name]Enya[/name]
[name]Alys[/name]
[name]Boyd[/name]
[name]Kaye[/name]
[name]Skye[/name]

My first thought was [name]Alys[/name], the Welsh form of [name]Alice[/name]. I also like the suggestion of [name]Rhys[/name].

Aryn
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Gwyn[/name]
Clys
[name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]

Boys
Emyr
[name]Glyn[/name]
Llyr
[name]Prys[/name]
Ynyr

Girls
[name]Alys[/name]
[name]Enya[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Gwyn[/name]

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! I knew this would be a tough challenge after generating my own list, but you guys produced some fantastic names. The standouts, for me: [name]Bryn[/name], Llyr, [name]Enya[/name], and [name]Alys[/name].

[name]Both[/name] of my friend’s older kids’ names made the lists as well, so you guys were definitely on the right track. I’ll be happy to pass these on to her, on the off chance she decides to stick with the pattern. Of course, if she were to go for baby #4, things might get tricky :wink:

Cheers, berries!