change name after baptising??

[name]Hi[/name]
My beautiful girl of 6 months hars been named [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. Her older sister is named [name]Filippa[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and I loved that name from the beginning. I knew her name while i was pregnant. My husband and I truely struggled to find our secons daugthers name…we couldnt agree. [name]Sophia[/name] is pretty but oh so ordinary…and my little angel is so not ordinary… I simply havent come to terms with her name yet…Dare I change it and then again to what? oh dear…

Well, it depends on whether or not that is allowed.If it is allowed, I think you should consider changing her name, [name]Filippa[/name] is so lovely & unique and [name]Sophia[/name] is so lovely & …popular. Also, is [name]Rose[/name] most definetly the MN? If not, I can give you some other lovely one syllable options:)

Some other names you may like:

[name]Giada[/name]
[name]Giovanna[/name]
[name]Carmela[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Coletta[/name]
[name]Cosetta[/name]
[name]Graziella[/name]
[name]Vivia[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Simona[/name]
[name]Nicola[/name]
[name]Nicolina[/name]
[name]Cosima[/name]
[name]Carlotta[/name]
[name]Odilia[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Raphaela[/name]
[name]Amica[/name]
[name]Amadea[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Paolina[/name]

I hope this helps:)

[name]Isabel[/name]:wink:

I am sure its allowed, we have to pay some fee. Seems at bit crazy after the ceremony, but…
Thanks for the suggetions, [name]Rose[/name] is the MN, a lovely fami”ything that I am very happy with, but none of are THE one. Pls keep the help coming!!! need to have a solution before i torment my husband…

ophelia is lovely, maybe too close to filippa (nn filli)

[name]Acacia[/name]
[name]Amara[/name]
[name]Ambrosia[/name]
[name]Arcadia[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Arista[/name]
[name]Basilia[/name]
[name]Bronte[/name]
[name]Calandra[/name]
[name]Calista[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Carissa[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Charlene[/name]
[name]Charmaine[/name]
[name]Cipriana[/name]
[name]Cosima[/name]
[name]Damaris[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Desdemona[/name]
[name]Eleni[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Gaia[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Iliana[/name]
[name]Iola[/name]
[name]Ionia[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name]
[name]Larissa[/name]
[name]Lyric[/name]
[name]Mahalia[/name]
[name]Melina[/name]
[name]Nicolina[/name]
[name]Nyssa[/name]
[name]Orphea[/name]
[name]Pandora[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Rhea[/name]
[name]Sirena[/name]
[name]Sophronia[/name]
[name]Stasia[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Zeta[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name]

Was she born in February? I think I did the math right there, but maybe not. If so, one of February’s birth flowers is the viola, and [name]Viola[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is so pretty - and flowery! - with her sister’s name. Ironically, the other February birth flower is the primrose, so she’d be covered on all fronts with [name]Viola[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. If she wasn’t born in February, obviously [name]Viola[/name] is still gorgeous, but here are more ideas:

[name]Alessandra[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Ali[/name]”
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Bea[/name]”
[name]Carmella[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Cara[/name]”
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Dottie[/name]”
[name]Eugenia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Genni[/name]”
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Frankie[/name]”
[name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Georgie[/name]”
Hosanna [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Annie[/name]”
[name]Irina[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Rina[/name]”
[name]Josephina[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Josie[/name]”
[name]Katharina[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Kitty[/name]”
[name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Luci[/name]”
[name]Magdalen[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Maggie[/name]”
[name]Natalia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Tally[/name]”
[name]Victoria[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Tori[/name]”

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

She is a january baby, but i [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Viola[/name]. will try saying it a bit.
[name]How[/name] about Sophina?

I wish you the best of luck, as I am close to being through going through this myself. This is a HARD one!

Thanks, whars your story? Actually a relief if i am not the only one having these troubles, even though i dont wish this for anyone else, just thought i was the only one in the world not being able to name my 2, child…

You are more than welcome. This is one of those things that if you have never been through namer’s remorse, than one could never understand the angst/anxiety/panic that it brings to the forefront…to the point of almost feeling ‘emotionally sick’.

[name]Do[/name] a name search on [name]Soraya[/name] or [name]Mara[/name] or [name]Amara[/name], and I have several threads that have been running on and off for the past 2 months…my story is so involved I feel it best not to hi-jack your thread w/an explanation of it and for you to just explore those other posts.

Is it just the fact that you feel [name]Sophia[/name] is just too ordinary a name for your extraordinary (I use this word in all seriousness) little girl? Or is there more that is leading to your doubts. My doubts mostly stem from a name or two I am in love w/rhyming with my deceased 1st child’s name, etc.

Janda

Oh, I’m so glad you love [name]Viola[/name], even if she is a [name]January[/name] baby! It’s a gorgeous, underused name!

About Sophina - is that what you wrote? - I think it looks a bit made up and isn’t distinct enough from [name]Sophia[/name] to make a real difference…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Sophina is a no go.

I just wanted to let you know that I was going though this too - I have a similar story to Janda’s (hi hun!). It is an extremely hard decision to make. My daughter is [name]Sariah[/name] (she is 7.5 mo old), I’ve decided to keep it, but I am still struggling with loving it as much as I do my daughter [name]Alanna[/name]'s name. Good luck!

I just wanted to let you know that I was going though this too - I have a similar story to Janda’s (hi hun!). It is an extremely hard decision to make. My daughter is [name]Sariah[/name] (she is 7.5 mo old), I’ve decided to keep it, but I am still struggling with loving it as much as I do my daughter [name]Alanna[/name]'s name. Good luck![/quote]

And what is crazy, [name]Raquel[/name], about our similar stories, is that our girls’ names that we struggle w/are hauntingly similar!

Upon further thinking after posting my last post above, something occurred to me: Why is it that names that moms on here have been debating about changing are all 3 syllables and start w/an S! [name]Sariah[/name], [name]Soraya[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name]!?! URGH! I hope I don’t see a trend here!

I agree with previous posters, Sophina does sound a bit made up
I second [name]Calista[/name] (It sounds awesome with [name]Filippa[/name])

Some more you may like:

Cosmina [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Coco[/name], [name]Mimi[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Mimi[/name], [name]Minnie[/name], [name]Mina[/name])
[name]Henrietta[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Hattie[/name], [name]Ettie[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Ettie[/name])
[name]Vivica[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Vivi[/name], [name]Vivi[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Viv[/name])
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (Cici, [name]Cilly[/name])
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Cordie[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Delia[/name], [name]Lia[/name])
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Mattie[/name], Mattes, [name]Mattie[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Tilly[/name], [name]Tildy[/name])
[name]Amabel[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Amy[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Abby[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Bella[/name] [name]Rose[/name])
[name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Miri[/name], [name]Mira[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Abby[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Bella[/name] [name]Rose[/name])
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (Lady [name]Rose[/name], Lady, [name]Adele[/name], [name]Addie[/name] [name]Rose[/name])
[name]Allegra[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Allie[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Ellie[/name] [name]Rose[/name])
[name]Leona[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Leo[/name], [name]Leo[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Leonie[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Onie[/name] [name]Rose[/name])
[name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Tabby[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Tabby[/name], Bitty [name]Rose[/name])

I hope you choose what feels right:)

Smile!
[name]Isabel[/name]

What about [name]Seraphina[/name]? It sounds like Sophina, except it looks more real!

[name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is beautiful!

CHANGE IT! We are in the same boat! We named our daughter [name]Sophia[/name], until we hit the streets and met one million other Sophies and Sophias at the doctor’s office, at the playgroups, on the streets, in the grocery stores. It was INSANE. [name]Don[/name]'t get me wrong… the name [name]Sophia[/name] is about as gorgeous a name as you can get. I love the name. However, when it becomes this popular, it loses almost all of it’s appeal. It ceases to be special, [name]IMO[/name]. Good luck!

We moved [name]Sophia[/name] to the middle name. xoxox

[name]Lilibet[/name]- Can I ask what name you changed it to? Inquiring minds want to know lol!

Janda – I will send you a private note! LOL!