[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Maximillian[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]

Please be critical of each name and suggest MN’s or suggest sibsets and other suggestions.

Girls

[name]Florence[/name] - Meh. I really don’t like the nn [name]Flo[/name], I think that could get a lot of teasing.
[name]Iris[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Violet[/name] - I like it!
[name]Louisa[/name] - Nice but I prefer [name]Louise[/name]. But I’m biased because that’s my mom’s middle name :slight_smile:
[name]May[/name] - I like this as a middle name.
[name]Beatrice[/name] - Not a fan.
[name]Matilda[/name] - Cute!
[name]Tabitha[/name] - I like it!
[name]Imogen[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Elinor[/name] - I love it but really strongly prefer [name]Eleanor[/name]. I know [name]Elinor[/name] is a real spelling, but most people with assume it’s [name]Eleanor[/name] so it will get misspelled all the time.
[name]Phoebe[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Willa[/name] - It’s ok.

Boys

[name]Theodore[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! I love the nicknames :slight_smile:
[name]Phineas[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Felix[/name] - I want to like this name but I can’t help but picture it on a cat.
[name]Louis[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it, it was my grandpa’s name.
[name]Solomon[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Sebastian[/name] - [name]Kinda[/name] like it.
[name]Maximillian[/name] - Really don’t like. My favorite “[name]Max[/name]” name is [name]Maxwell[/name].
[name]Oscar[/name] - It’s ok.

Girls

[name]Florence[/name] - still feels a little “older” to me, but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Cora[/name].
[name]Iris[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Iris[/name]! [name]Iris[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] or [name]Iris[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], perhaps?
[name]Violet[/name] - I’m pretty lukewarm when it comes to [name]Violet[/name], but she’s still a lovely choice. [name]Violet[/name] [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Aurora[/name], or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] are what popped into my head.
[name]Louisa[/name] - I prefer [name]Eloise[/name], but [name]Louisa[/name] is still a nice name. [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]?
[name]May[/name] - I prefer the [name]Mae[/name] spelling, but [name]Mae[/name] has definitely got some charm to her. [name]Mae[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]?
[name]Beatrice[/name] - I really like [name]Beatrice[/name]. [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]?
[name]Matilda[/name] - not a huge fan.
[name]Tabitha[/name] - no thanks.
[name]Imogen[/name] - not a fan.
[name]Elinor[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]! [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Iris[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Mae[/name], the list goes on!
[name]Phoebe[/name] - is growing on me. [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]?
[name]Willa[/name] - no thanks.

Boys

[name]Theodore[/name] - love [name]Theodore[/name]! [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Michael[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Calvin[/name], ahh I had some nice ones, but they’ve slipped my mind!
[name]Phineas[/name] - eh.
[name]Felix[/name] - not a huge fan.
[name]Louis[/name] - no thanks
[name]Solomon[/name] - feels kind of serious.
[name]Sebastian[/name] - can only think of [name]Bach[/name] or the crab from The [name]Little[/name] Mermaid.
[name]Maximillian[/name] - tired of [name]Max[/name].
[name]Oscar[/name] - [name]Oscar[/name] always reminds me of [name]Oscar[/name] the Grouch.

A lot of my favorites are vintage!

[name]Florence[/name] - not my cup of tea, but I adore vintage nicknames [name]Florrie[/name] or [name]Flossie[/name], instead of [name]Flo[/name]. I much prefer [name]Flora[/name].
[name]Iris[/name] - I love [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Irene[/name], they have lovely meanings too
[name]Violet[/name] - I like [name]Violet[/name], but it is a bit harsh sounding, and popular too
[name]Louisa[/name] - very pretty and has adorable nickname possibilities: [name]Lou[/name] and [name]Lulu[/name]
[name]May[/name] - great middle name, prefer [name]Mae[/name] spelling though, unless the child is born in the month of [name]May[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] - one of my faves, it is so stylish, I love nn [name]Bea[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] - not a fan, it sounds frumpy, but nn [name]Tillie[/name] or [name]Tilda[/name] are adorable
[name]Tabitha[/name] - it’s okay, not vintage sounding enough though…
[name]Imogen[/name] - growing on me, nn [name]Immy[/name] is cute
[name]Elinor[/name] - I like [name]Ellie[/name] names, but [name]Elinor[/name] is too old sounding
[name]Phoebe[/name] - very cute, I’m not sure it ages well, even though it was used for two adults on tv shows, it sounds childish to me
[name]Willa[/name] - ugh, I like [name]Willow[/name], but [name]Willa[/name] just doesn’t sound pretty, maybe you would like [name]Twila[/name]. I used to know a girl named [name]Twila[/name]. It is very uncommon and very vintage sounding. It is a bit similar to [name]Willa[/name].

[name]Theodore[/name] - great name, great nicknames, great mn option too
[name]Phineas[/name] - very cool, very ancient sounding
[name]Felix[/name] - very vintage, [name]Felix[/name] was a character on a show I loved when I was younger and he had a sister named [name]Felicity[/name] (one of my fave vintage names)
[name]Louis[/name] - not sure I like it as a fn, but it would be okay as a mn, I think I prefer [name]Lewis[/name] spelling since I think of the Spanish [name]Louis[/name] when I see it spelled that way
[name]Solomon[/name] - too old, sounds too much like salmon, and I don’t like fish haha
[name]Sebastian[/name] - it isn’t my fave, but it’s nice enough
[name]Maximillian[/name] - it’s just too much, it’s a shame that [name]Max[/name] names are so grand or old sounding ([name]Maxwell[/name])
[name]Oscar[/name] - I don’t see it’s appeal, it’s too [name]Oscar[/name] the Grouch

I like a lot of the names at the bottom of your post. A woman that I work with has a grand-daughter named [name]Freya[/name], and I am in love with [name]June[/name] names right now - [name]Juniper[/name] and [name]Junia[/name].
[name]Rafferty[/name] is pretty cool and I have always liked [name]Lucas[/name], but not a fan of [name]Luke[/name]. [name]Saxon[/name] would make a cool mn, but if you use it as a first name, I can imagine he would be teased.

Girls

[name]Florence[/name] - I think it’s pretty. I’m a little on the fence, though. I think it sounds better as a middle name.
[name]Iris[/name] - Pretty, but not my style. It makes me think of the iris of your eye.
[name]Violet[/name] - Nice. Very classic and pretty.
[name]Louisa[/name] - Pretty.
[name]May[/name] - I have a hard time picturing this as a first name, but it makes a great middle name.
[name]Beatrice[/name] - Definitely a guilty pleasure of mine… the nickname [name]Bea[/name] is adorable.
[name]Matilda[/name] - A little clunky, in my opinion… [name]Milly[/name] and [name]Tilly[/name] are cute nicknames though.
[name]Tabitha[/name] - Again, a little clunky… makes me think of a tabby cat!
[name]Imogen[/name] - Nice.
[name]Elinor[/name] - I prefer the spelling [name]Eleanor[/name].
[name]Phoebe[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Willa[/name] - Pretty.

Boys

[name]Theodore[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! The nickname [name]Theo[/name] is adorable.
[name]Phineas[/name] - Not my favorite. I think of [name]Phineas[/name] and Ferb.
[name]Felix[/name] - Nice,
[name]Louis[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Solomon[/name] - Not my favorite, but it’s okay.
[name]Sebastian[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Maximillian[/name] - Too much. I like [name]Maxwell[/name] better.
[name]Oscar[/name] - Not a fan. Makes me think of [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Meyer[/name] Weiners.

Combos:

[name]Florence[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]May[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Elinor[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Felix[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name] [name]Louis[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name] [name]Felix[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Louis[/name]
[name]Maximillian[/name] [name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Maximillian[/name]

Good luck!

Girls

[name]Florence[/name]- Like it, and it always reminds me of the city in [name]Italy[/name] so for me it’s even a bit exotic. I even imagine it with an Italian accent :slight_smile:
[name]Iris[/name] - Getting tired of the flower names, just getting way overused, and this one especially I dislike.
[name]Violet[/name]- But if you were going to use a flower name, this one is pretty cute.
[name]Louisa[/name]-I don’t dislike Lousie/[name]Louise[/name] but I really really prefer [name]Eloise[/name]!
[name]May[/name]-Hate this. Along with [name]Rae[/name], this is becoming one of those filler names that people think sound great with anything. Ick.
[name]Beatrice[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]-Like it, but again not a fave
[name]Tabitha[/name]-Again, like it but not the best.
[name]Imogen[/name]- I am absolutely mad for this name lately. Not enough to change my choice, but really thinking this is so awesome!
[name]Elinor[/name]- I used to think of [name]Eleanor[/name] as an old lady name, but not anymore. It’s been so completely overtaken by a new generation. Cute! I like both spellings, this spelling reminds me of the book “Sense & Sensibility” :slight_smile:
[name]Phoebe[/name]- I’ve always really liked this name, but I can’t help but remember the sister on Charmed. [name]One[/name] episode they called her “Freebie”. Sort of ruined any chance of me using it.
[name]Willa[/name]- I do not like this name, I also am quite sick of the alternative of [name]Willow[/name].

Boys

[name]Theodore[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] this name! I wanted to use it, but my husband vetoed. The combo I had was [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name]. I also suggest [name]Ambrose[/name] as a first name consideration. It’s very much the same feel as the others. Ugh, he vetoed [name]Ambrose[/name] too. So sad.
[name]Phineas[/name]- I also really love this name.
[name]Felix[/name]- I am liking how this is making a big comeback.
[name]Louis[/name]- I am pretty “whatever” on this name. I don’t hate it, but I would never use it in any capacity.
[name]Solomon[/name]-Honestly, I feel this name is toooo aged and biblical. Nothing wrong with bible name, but it’s up there with Methusalah for me.
[name]Sebastian[/name]-[name]Love[/name] this name a lot, considered it strongly for my second son.
[name]Maximillian[/name]- I like all forms of [name]Max[/name].
[name]Oscar[/name]- Soooo much love for this name!

Vintage names are my favourite kind of name :slight_smile:

[name]Florence[/name] [name]Florence[/name] seems really stuffy to me. I’m not sure why I don’t like it, it just still feels quite pretentious to me. I love the nickname [name]Flora[/name] though.
[name]Iris[/name] I really love [name]Iris[/name]. I’ve come close to adding it to my list quite a few times, but its never quite made it. Its really lovely though.
[name]Violet[/name] Beautiful, and would be one of my favourites if it hadn’t surged in popularity over the last year.
[name]Louisa[/name] So elegant and beautiful.
[name]May[/name] I love, especially for the nickname [name]Maisie[/name]!
[name]Beatrice[/name] Not a fan for the same reasons as [name]Florence[/name].
[name]Matilda[/name] Very pretty, but the nickname [name]Tilly[/name] doesn’t appeal to me at all.
[name]Tabitha[/name] I’ve known far too many cats called [name]Tabitha[/name] to like it enough to use on a baby.
[name]Imogen[/name] Beautiful.
[name]Elinor[/name] My favourite spelling of [name]Elinor[/name]! I also love [name]Elin[/name]. Very beautiful.
[name]Phoebe[/name] Gorgeous, though similar to [name]Violet[/name], its surging in popularity.
[name]Willa[/name] Not a fan. It just doesn’t appeal to me.

Favourites are [name]Elinor[/name] and [name]May[/name].

Boys

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Love[/name] this. [name]Teddy[/name] is so sweet.
[name]Phineas[/name] I don’t like this at all. It seems really pretentious to me.
[name]Felix[/name] See [name]Tabitha[/name].
[name]Louis[/name] Handsome.
[name]Solomon[/name] Too bibilical for me, but this may not be a problem for you.
[name]Sebastian[/name] I don’t find this attractive at all.
[name]Maximillian[/name] As above.
[name]Oscar[/name] Very handsome.

Favourites are [name]Louis[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name].

[name]Florence[/name] - Not sure about this one.
[name]Iris[/name] - I prefer [name]Isla[/name] (although it’s getting popular…)
[name]Violet[/name] - gorgeous, but getting popular.
[name]Louisa[/name] - Pretty.
[name]May[/name] - Perhaps a for a middle name?
[name]Beatrice[/name] - Meh.
[name]Matilda[/name] - Hmm, not sure about it.
[name]Tabitha[/name] - I prefer [name]Talitha[/name], which is less tabby cat.
[name]Imogen[/name] - I have only ever know spoilt Imogens.
[name]Elinor[/name] - Yes! I much prefer THIS spelling over [name]Eleanor[/name]!
[name]Phoebe[/name] - I like it.
[name]Willa[/name] - I like this, and how about [name]Twila[/name]?

[name]Theodore[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Phineas[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Felix[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it.
[name]Louis[/name] - I like it.
[name]Solomon[/name] - Not my style, too heavy and serious.
[name]Sebastian[/name] - It’s OK.
[name]Maximillian[/name] - Like it.
[name]Oscar[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this one too.

[name]Florence[/name]-I like this on someone else, but its a bit plain for my own personal tastes. [name]Love[/name] [name]Florentina[/name], [name]Florencia[/name] and [name]Flora[/name].
[name]Iris[/name]-very pretty
[name]Violet[/name]-love it, I love the purple associations, the popularity does bug me though
[name]Louisa[/name]-meh, it does nothing for me. I neither like or dislike it. It bores me. [name]Don[/name]'t know why.
[name]May[/name]-would make a refreshing first name option, a bit boring in the mn spot
[name]Beatrice[/name]-slightly prefer [name]Beatrix[/name], but this would be refreshing to see on a child
[name]Matilda[/name]-nice and strong without losing any of its femininity
[name]Tabitha[/name]-this is pretty
[name]Imogen[/name]-love it
[name]Elinor[/name]-meh, I find [name]Elinor[/name] and all her variations rather harsh. Nice on someone else, but not for me.
[name]Phoebe[/name]-very sweet
[name]Willa[/name]-love it!

[name]Theodore[/name]-love
[name]Phineas[/name]-love, especially with the nn [name]Finn[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]-love
[name]Louis[/name]-would be so refreshing too see
[name]Solomon[/name]-awesome
[name]Sebastian[/name]-my number 1 male name, love it
[name]Maximillian[/name]-love it
[name]Oscar[/name]-love

I love [name]Tabitha[/name] and [name]Phineas[/name]! My number 2 girl name is [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Wren[/name]. I think it is a beautiful name! [name]Phineas[/name] is great. I don’t know if I will ever be brave enough to use it, but I wish I could :wink:

I started typing out comments to each individual name, but almost all of them were just some variation on “I adore this!” so I’ll just say, I think your taste is fabulous. The only ones I’m not a huge fan of are [name]Florence[/name] (I just think of the nickname [name]Flo[/name] and all its connotations), [name]Louisa[/name] (not bad, just a little boring for me) and [name]Tabitha[/name] (same as [name]Louisa[/name]).

]Thank you for all your comments! Very useful!

My favourites so far are

Girls
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Elinor[/name]

Boys

[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]

Are there any other names that fit this style that I may have missed?

I still need to sell these ideas to DH! He thinks I’m mad so far! [/QUOTE]

Here are some vintage names from my own list that you might consider adding:

[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Dilys[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name]

[name]Cecil[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]

Good luck with your husband. Always the most challenging part of naming. :stuck_out_tongue:

All your Girls names are really nice

[name]Florence[/name] - Like this, this is on my list for a middle name, it was hubbys materal grandmother name
[name]Iris[/name] - love this very pretty
[name]Violet[/name] - love this, is on my list but hubby is not keen
[name]Louisa[/name] - Pretty, twist on louise which is now quite old fashioned
[name]May[/name] - middle name only
[name]Beatrice[/name] - nice but not something i would pick myself
[name]Matilda[/name] - love this, is on my list, like the nn [name]Maddie[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name] - love, very pretty and girly
[name]Imogen[/name] - nice, again not something i would pick
[name]Elinor[/name] - love love love, this is at the top of my list, though spelt [name]Eleanor[/name] - my top name
[name]Phoebe[/name] - lovely, have always quite liked this
[name]Willa[/name] - nice, not something i would use

again all your Boys names are all really nice

[name]Theodore[/name] - lovely name, like the nn [name]Theo[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name] - nice but not my style
[name]Felix[/name] - love this but hubby wouldnt
[name]Louis[/name] - nice but wouldnt use
Solomonn - nice but not really my taste
[name]Sebastian[/name] - on my list, seb as a nn
[name]Maximillian[/name] - seams like a big name, maximus, nn [name]Max[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] - like this

Please be critical of each name and suggest MN’s or suggest sibsets and other suggestions.

I love…
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]May[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]

I like…
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Elinor[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Maximillian[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]

[name]Just[/name] okay to me…
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]

I don’t dislike any of them :slight_smile:

Favorites: [name]Iris[/name] & [name]Theodore[/name].

Other suggestions:
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Leona[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Honora[/name]/[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]

[name]LOVE[/name] this list! Vintage names are great and refreshing!

Girls

[name]Florence[/name]–Not my favorite, but I think it could work well
[name]Iris[/name]–So cute! [name]Love[/name] this one! [name]Iris[/name] the plant is really beautiful, so it will always have a good connotation.
[name]Violet[/name]–[name]Love[/name]! Beautiful!
[name]Louisa[/name]–Good, and I always think of [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Alcott[/name], who is one of my favorite authors.
[name]May[/name]–NMS, I would use as a middle name.
[name]Beatrice[/name]–Cute, on the right girl.
[name]Matilda[/name]–[name]Don[/name]'t love it.
[name]Tabitha[/name]–Not a big fan for some reason.
[name]Imogen[/name]–I like this one!
[name]Elinor[/name]–Has been one of my favorites ever since reading Sense and Sensibility
[name]Phoebe[/name]–This one is so cute!
[name]Willa[/name]–I like [name]Willa[/name]. It’s not my favorite on the list, but I like it.

Boys

[name]Theodore[/name]–[name]Theodore[/name], with maybe the nn [name]Teddy[/name], is a great, solid, handsome name.
[name]Phineas[/name]–[name]One[/name] of my guilty pleasures. It sounds a little mad scientistish, but it’s a GREAT name. And the nn [name]Finn[/name] can make it even more trendy.
[name]Felix[/name]–[name]Felix[/name] is a cool name. I love it.
[name]Louis[/name]–[name]Louis[/name] has always been one of my favorites!
[name]Solomon[/name]–NMS, but not bad.
[name]Sebastian[/name]–[name]Love[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]! Really great name!
[name]Maximillian[/name]–A little pretentious feeling to me, but not horrible. I would use [name]Maxwell[/name] though.
[name]Oscar[/name]–[name]Oscar[/name] is a good name. Reminds me of [name]Oscar[/name] Wilde and that sort of feeling.