Change Violet's Middle Name?

My wife and I have been going on and on about poor little [name]Violet[/name]'s name (8 months to be exact!)

We’ve gotten over her initials (previous posting VD) and we love the name [name]Violet[/name] as it really suits her.

Currently her middle name is [name]Katherine[/name], which was a quick fill at the hospital. Also, mommy would have liked something more meaningful/unique. It is a beautiful name, but perhaps it’s a little bit proper.

Let’s just say we actually do it - change her middle name…

What are your best suggestions. By the way, her last name is long and italian.

Here are some favorites:
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Elsie[/name]
[name]Winter[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Marie[/name]

Any other suggestions? We would consider possibly adding it on as well. My wife feels a little nutty at this point, but I stand by her decision to make it all feel just right :slight_smile:

You sound like a lovely husband! And I agree it’s best that you get it just right now while she’s still young so you can both be at peace with it, and lets face it, an 8 month old will never know or care that her middle name was changed! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Catherine[/name] with a C because it has personal significance for me, but if it doesn’t for you, you should try and find a name that does.

[name]Do[/name] you have any family names? Maybe one of your mothers or granndmothers or favourite aunts first, middle or maiden names? Or your wifes middle name? Or variations of any of their names?

Other ways of finding a name with personal meaning would be a place name that has significance to either of you or the both of you?

Or flower or gemstones can make beautiful middles. Well maybe not another flower in [name]Violet[/name]'s case but a gemstone from a significant month could be lovely, like one of your months of birth? Or her own?

Or of course you could use the name of someone you admire such as a musician, favourite author, favourite character from a book/poem etc?

Of the names on your list I pretty much love them all!! They’re are really good options. My fav in order are:

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name]

I love [name]Elsie[/name] and [name]Wren[/name] but they don’t seem to flow very well with [name]Violet[/name], [name]Marie[/name] is sweet but a little overdone as a middle name and [name]Belle[/name] is gorgeous but the combo of [name]Violet[/name] [name]Belle[/name] is a little too sickly sweet for me.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

I think her middle name is perfect as is.

But on a different note. Is it worth it to change? Has her birth certificate already been filed? Does she have a social security number already issued to her in this name? In these days of Homeland Security and nuttiness about birth certificates is this going to cause her more headache than it’s worth in the future getting a passport, drivers license legal affairs etc? It’s not a straight and simple marriage name change so it could be a hassle to explain.
Maybe not. It’s just something to research before you do anything.

I love [name]Violet[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] the way it is! It’s so beautiful!

If it feels right to change it, than do it. We weren’t loving my daughter’s name – it just didn’t feel right. We changed her middle name and I don’t regret it for a second…in fact, it felt liberating to finally [name]LOVE[/name] her name! It wasn’t difficult to do at all…a little paperwork, but not bad!

I like your daughter’s name, but if something else feels better, than go for it!
I think [name]Lucia[/name] is my favorite among your choices.

I love [name]Violet[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]! A very beautiful name. However, if you were to change the mn, I really like [name]Violet[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]! Classic, elegant and unique!