Changing a Name?...Which do you prefer?

See the results of this poll: Which Name? Possible Name Change?

Respondents: 62 (This poll is closed)

• Keep it as Atticus : 1 (2%)
  • Change it back to Finn: 61 (98%)

So the change to [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] isn’t official on any document? If that’s the case call him [name_u]Finn[/name_u] again. No issue.

Nope, I’ve had the birth certificate correction form filled out to change it to [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], but haven’t sent it in yet.

Go with your gut. Perhaps get some feedback from the kids too if you think that might help calm your nerves. No problem to change it back, hes still so young. The older kids will adjust. [name_m]Just[/name_m] make sure you and hubby are in agreement, make the decision and commit. If you’re at peace with the name you choose, it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.
Good luck.

Great advice, mom3! Thanks! My older daughter hasn’t called him [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] at all. She still calls him Finno.

If that’s the case, then I’d (legally) keep it as [name_u]Finn[/name_u].

I’d keep his name (at least legally) as [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. One option is to refer to him as [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m].

If it isn’t on any documents, then I see no issue with just calling him [name_u]Finn[/name_u]? Maybe add [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] as a second middle name. That way, it isn’t quite so jarring for anyone.

I am curious about how/why he blessed him as [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], though.

While personally I much prefer [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] to [name_u]Finn[/name_u], it sounds like in your situation it’s the opposite, and as his legal name is [name_u]Finn[/name_u] anyway, I say just go back to calling him [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and all will be well. He’s definitely not old enough to know any other name, so seems pretty easy and straight-forward to me.

I agree with other posters - just start calling him [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t send in the change of name document you have filled out. If you want the name [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] in his middle names, as a pp suggested, you could call him [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] or [name_u]Finn[/name_u] - [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], and change it legally at some point if it sticks.

I think the fact that you’ve got [name_u]Finn[/name_u] in your signature sums it up for me. And what do your kids refer to him as? Maybe ask them which name they think suits him better.
I think stay with [name_u]Finn[/name_u] because you feel so hesitant to legally change it to [name_m]Atticus[/name_m].

If you want to call him [name_u]Finn[/name_u], do it! If no legal documents have been changed, then it’s easy to go back. Go with your heart!

Um, did you agree to have him baptized under a different name? It sounds like your husband did this by himself? I’m confused.

[name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]. [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] is the baptized name. It’s fine.

[name_u]Finn[/name_u] all the way!

This might be a strange question to some, but what was the reason for calling him [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]? Meaning, was it a genuine “Oops” moment, or was you husband genuinely moved by the spirit? If it was the latter, maybe there was a reason for it? (Sidenote: It it was just an oops, I like [name_u]Finn[/name_u] better too, LOL)