Changing baby name?

HELP!! Our daughter is almost 6 months old and I am having serious name regret…

We named her “[name]Ellyn[/name]” but call her “[name]Ellie[/name]” all the time. I love the name [name]Ellie[/name] and she has defintely grown into it. The problem is… I’m still not a fan of [name]Ellyn[/name] (it was a compromise as my dh was a serious pain when naming her and I just wanted her named!).

It is still relatively easy to change her name at this point and I am considering changing it simply to [name]Ellie[/name]. I would change it to Eleonor in a second but my dh will not go for it.

My question is… has anyone ever experienced this? Would we be making a big mistake?

Is [name]Ellyn[/name] like [name]Ellen[/name]? Personally, I’m not a fan, and if you don’t love it, and I think you and DH should work together to find another name that you both love…

To shorten to [name]Ellie[/name], you could use:

[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]/[name]Elisabeth[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Elvira[/name]
[name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Elinor[/name]
[name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]

[name]Do[/name] any of those appeal to the both of you?

[name]Just[/name] call her [name]Ellie[/name] and if you feel like you really need to change her name then change it to [name]Elizabeth[/name] (spelled like that) or [name]Elaine[/name].

You could change her name to [name]Helen[/name] (NN [name]Ellie[/name]). Or [name]Helena[/name].