changing daughter's name - need suggestions!

This is a bit of strange situation but my daughter is 7 and her name was picked by her dad (I was young and didn’t know any better!) her dad is from Caribbean and chose to name our daughter after his sister. We’re no longer together and my daughter HATES her name. It’s cherissa (pron shuh-riss-uh) and as I didn’t have anything I loved I just went with it. Now as everyone at her school and whatnot know her as cherissa I’m going to have to keep it but move it to the middle spot and come up with a new first name. [name_f]My[/name_f] other kids have 2 middle names so I’d like to keep that pattern but it’s not 100% imperative. So after all that I’m looking for cherissa

Thanks a million if you can come up with anything!

[name_f]Marie[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Dinah[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f]

I think I’m having a mental block as that’s all I could come up with - If you’re looking for a second middle name I’d go with something short and sweet like [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f]…

[name_f]Allegra[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]

I completely understand why you’re not happy with the name - hard to say, difficult to spell, you had no input, etc. But does [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] have a name that she would like to go by? I just think that if you try to tell a 7 year old that you selected (blank) name for her and that she was going to now go by that name - forever - you might have a battle. But you obviously know your daughter, and I’m assuming you’ll pick a handful of names you like, and then go to her for the final opinion. (I would!)

Or maybe you could make a nickname out of her given name: [name_f]Rissa[/name_f], Ris, [name_f]Cheri[/name_f], etc. Or change it something similar: [name_f]Marissa[/name_f] comes to mind. Good luck! Names are tricky things.

I second everything @namenerdia have said. She is 7. Buy her a baby name book or look at name websites and choose something together.

I surprisingly like [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] (though I completely understand why you don’t), so my first idea is to change it with something similar ([name_f]Carys[/name_f]?). Also, what’s your other kids’ names? What kind of names do you (and [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f]) like?

I completely agree with this.

Thanks everyone, I wish I’d had put my foot down but these things happen. Yes iI’m trying yo come up with names that sound ok with her name then let her pick her favourites. She likes [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f], [name_f]Lilly[/name_f], [name_f]Madeline[/name_f], and the 7yr old in her loves [name_f]Snow[/name_f], blossom, and [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] (of course!)

come on guys

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] is very nice!

[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] [name_f]Charissa[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariana[/name_f] [name_f]Cherissa[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]