Changing my last name and need opinions! Which of these goes best with Blair?

I’m also open to any new ideas!!

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2-3 syllables ideal
Beginning with V, S, W, C, K
NOT beginning with B, J, I, P
NOT ending in R

[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Caverly
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Corvus/Corvan/Korvan
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Dahl
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Drake[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Everly[/name_u]/[name_u]Avery[/name_u]/Averly
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Gravely/[name_m]Graves[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Haden[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Hale[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Kane[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Kitson
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Mantle
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Talen[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Taske
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Torvald[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Valcourt
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Vale[/name_u]/[name_f]Valen[/name_f]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Valery[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Vaurell
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Vaus
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Vaske
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]West[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Winters[/name_m]

My favorites on your list are
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Torvall
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Kitson
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Winters[/name_m]
However, all of them are good. Some others that I’d recommend are
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Nash[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]

It really depends on what she’s like. If she’s more down to earth, [name_u]Blair[/name_u] Kitson would be a great choice. However, if she’s more like [name_f]Cher[/name_f] from Clueless, [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] would be great. In my opinion, [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Nash[/name_m] would be the best. It’s got a little bit of both. However, itsit’s your choice. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] these help and [name_f]Happy[/name_f] writing!

I agree with swimmere1223

Ideas:

[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Worthington
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Van[/name_u] Der [name_m]Walt[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Solloway
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Vandenberg
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Wainscott
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Sullivant
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] Shettleroe

I like [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]West[/name_u] and I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] Dahl!

My favorite was [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Avery[/name_u]. The thing about [name_u]Everly[/name_u]/Averly was it not only repeated the ‘r’ sound, but also the ‘L’ sound and it just got a little knotted when I tried to read it. But all of your names are interesting and eye-catching picks. Have fun with your story!

Thanks for your input! I’m actually changing my own name, not for a character so it’s a scary decision!

[name_u]Avery[/name_u] is one of my favorites but I’m not sure it flows when I say it out loud. I think they both have the same feel though, kind of unisex and a little edgy while still common enough that people can spell it. I love it when I read it but saying it sounds a little funny. What do you think?

What about [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Arden[/name_u] or [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Ellery[/name_u]?

I like [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]West[/name_u], [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Winters[/name_m] and [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Drake[/name_m] out of your choices

Some other possibilities:

[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Anderson[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Mason[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Myles[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Smith[/name_m]

I changed my full name and I know how scary it is. Here are a few insights.

I prefer something substantial because [name_u]Blair[/name_u] is short. I do have some suggestions that are short, also, but it’s something to keep in mind. Surname denotes ethnicity to most people. Of course not all, but if you use a last name like O’Shaughnessy, people are going to ask you about your Irish heritage. So, probably not a big deal, but if you would find that annoying, you might want to consider names that match your own ethnicity or that are not so uncommon they immediately refer to a particular ethnic group.

[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] is very nice. It’s easy to spell and remember.

[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] is my suggestion. It goes against my “too short” observation, but I like the sound of it. It incorporates 4 vowels so it looks even to me.

[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] is my favorite. [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] is substantial but not overpowering. Easy to say, spell, and remember (although you will get the occasional [name_f]Waverley[/name_f]). It’s just overall very pleasant and makes we think of the wave on the ocean or waves of grain.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps.

Personally my favourites are [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Winters[/name_m] and [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], but as swimmere1223 said it does depend on what sort of person [name_u]Blair[/name_u] is. [name_m]Even[/name_m] so I like [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Winters[/name_m] for all types, but [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] would be more hardworking schoolgirl than anything else.