Changing my name..

Okay, so my name is [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and I want to legally change my name to [name]Brooklyn[/name], but [name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and then my last name ends in ‘an’ so then endings all have the same sound. So I need some suggestions on what my middle name could be, so far I like:
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Annalise[/name], and [name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Arabella[/name].

PLEASE, give me more suggestions

[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Andrea[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Christina[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Ava[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Katrina[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Chelsea[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Isla[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Alyssa[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Haley[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Elena[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Aimee[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Ella[/name]

If you’re old enough to change your name, you might want to reconsider the choice of [name]Brooklyn[/name], a name used almost exclusively on girls under ten…

I sort of agree with thuja, but if you REALLY love [name]Brooklyn[/name], I say go for it.

The middle names you like are ultra feminine and frilly, and seem a little at odds with the semi-unisex [name]Brooklyn[/name].
The styles don’t seem terribly compatible. If you like the contrast, then that’s great! Of the three you chose, I prefer [name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Juliet[/name].

Well, if you’re going to change your first name to something similar to the name you have now, why not do the same for your middle name?

[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Cate[/name]

I like the suggestion of [name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Cate[/name], but prefer [name]Kate[/name].

[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Carina[/name] is another I like.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Carina[/name]!

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

I’m only in high school, and I still want to be called [name]Brooke[/name], but I want like to have the full name of [name]Brooklyn[/name]. I just like it better.

[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Cate[/name] is nice

[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Catherina[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] [name]Camille[/name]

That said, I like full name [name]Brooke[/name] much better! Feels fresh and timeless to me. Wondering what you like better about [name]Brooklyn[/name]?

Not to sound like a mom, since I’m 32 & not old enough to be yours… But If you’re only in high school, you really should wait to make such a big decision. When you’re my age, you’ll probably wish that you would have stuck w/ you’re given name. (and IMHO, [name]Brooke[/name] is much fresher than the trendy [name]Brooklyn[/name])

When I was younger, I always thought [name]Katherine[/name] (nn [name]Kate[/name]) was boring. It took me roughly 25 yrs, but I did eventually come to appreciate my own name.

[name]Man[/name]… I really love [name]Brooke[/name], as opposed to [name]Brooklyn[/name]. It has longevity… and it’s a good ole’ American classic. [name]Even[/name] in Australia. Explore middle names if you must but [name]Brooke[/name] is really a keeper.

I’m not one of those people who’s opposed to name changes out of principle, but in this case I (like the majority of posters here) find it inadvisable. I don’t see how [name]Brooklyn[/name] would be an improvement. [name]Brooke[/name] is snappy, simple and elegant. It’s more classic than [name]Brooklyn[/name] and will become more distinctive as more girls are named [name]Brooklyn[/name] and the current crop of Brooklyns grows up.

I especially don’t see the point if you’re going to change it legally but still go by [name]Brooke[/name] - be aware that most people in the English-speaking world will perceive [name]Brooke[/name] as more professional and classy on paper than [name]Brooklyn[/name]. [name]Brooklyn[/name] has been trendy as of late and many people have an aversion to obvious place names.

If you’re set on this, I’ll second the suggestion of switching [name]Katherine[/name] to another variation - one with a different ending and rhythm, like [name]Katerina[/name].

Or would you consider keeping [name]Brooke[/name] (legally, at least) and switching to a different, more unusual middle? Or making [name]Brooke[/name] your new middle and choosing an unrelated first? :slight_smile:

Okay, you guys have definitely convinced me, as much as I dislike the name [name]Brooke[/name], I am going to keep it, maybe I’ll learn to love it, I like what blairx suggested by switching my middle name. Thank you everyone. xoxo