Changing my name

I need some help finding a new name for myself. I grew up in an abusive household and my name is a constant reminder of the pain and humiliation I have endured. My last name forever associates me with my abusive parents and my first and middle names (while fine names in and of themselves) were meant as an insult to my father’s sister. To this day, every time someone calls me by my name it’s like being doused with a bucket of ice water. It makes me physically uncomfortable when people use my name. That is why I’ve decided to change my name.

My top contenders for first names are:
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tristana[/name_f]

I also love [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], and [name_f]Halcyone[/name_f] but these names are either too juvenile for a woman in her 20’s or are too far out.

I have no idea what I want my middle and last names to be. I do know that I want a middle name though, and I am eager to hear what suggestions people might have for me and what I should call myself.

I like [name_f]Helena[/name_f] for you. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Tristana[/name_f], though lovely, seem quite tragic and probably not desirable for a person who’s already been through a lot.

As for middle names, you can simply choose a name you like or use an honor name. I actually think [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] or [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] would be gorgeous.

I’m liking [name_f]Helena[/name_f] as well. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Eve[/name_f]/[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Renata[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tatiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]

I don’t think that [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is too juvenile. I like the combo [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] or [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Helena[/name_f].

Agreed with moonstone! [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is a gorgeous combo.

Another vote for [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]’s one of my favorite names! So beautiful! I like [name_f]Helena[/name_f] too.

I don’t know which name(s) you were referring to specifically, but I don’t think [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] or [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is too juvenile for someone in their 20s at all. I think they’re beautiful! [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]’s a favorite of mine. [name_f]Halcyone[/name_f]’s beautiful too! It isn’t too out there for me personally.

I second the suggestions of [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]!

What about:

[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Emiliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]