Character Name Polls

Just choose your favorite option in each poll! If you have anything to add, any questions, or a different name/nickname/spelling that you like better than any of the given options, let me know in a reply! TIA!

• Elisabel
  • Elisobel

0 voters

• Genevieve “[name_f]Evie[/name_f]” Artiga
  • Genevieve “[name_f]Gem[/name_f]” Artiga

0 voters

• Delilah Artiga
  • Cassidy Artiga

0 voters

• Caleb Artiga
  • Amos Artiga
  • Joseph Artiga

0 voters

I like both Elisabel and Elisobel, but Elisobel is so cool! Clearly I’m in the minority on that one though, haha.

2 Likes

Haha, I totally agree with you! That’s my struggle between the two. Elisabel is pretty, but Elisobel is cool and unexpected.

1 Like

I know that struggle! Sorry if you’ve already explained in other threads, but what’s Elisabel/Elisobel’s personality like?

1 Like

No, I haven’t. She isn’t very developed at all, which is why I haven’t ever described her before.

What I do know about her: she’s 16 (at the beginning of the book - where she’s seen the most), the oldest of 6 kids with 4 younger sisters and 1 younger brother, she’s very hesitant to grow up and be mature, she’s afraid she’ll lose herself once she grows up, very outdoorsy, loves all things flowers and trees, hates being indoors, she’s basically a little girl obsessed with the outdoors in a 16-year-old’s body.

I will say also that she has to grow up in the story, and you watch her becoming more and more comfortable with her responsibilities as an adult woman (subtly, bc she is a side character). That screams Elisobel to me, but her personality I described before seems more like Elisabel, and that’s why I have a dilemma. :confused:

1 Like

Gotcha! That character arc sounds really cool. For me personally I’d suggest evaluating one question: at the beginning of the story, when she’s afraid of growing up, is she comfortable with who she currently is? Or does she feel like she’s already been thrust into a more serious place in her life, and wish things were different?

If she’s happy as a young girl, I’d say Elisabel because it will grow along with the character while respecting the girl she was.

If she’s uncomfortable in her own self as a teen, I’d say Elisobel because her character development will show her growing into her role and her name.

Maybe that makes no sense but I hope it helps!

1 Like

No, that makes so much sense! Thank you for that! I’ll have to think on it, but your thoughts will really help. :blush:

1 Like