Character names needed!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I’m a writer, and I need help coming up with the perfect name for my character. A little information about her: she is wise, awkward in social situations, humble and clueless that someone is completely obsessed with her. She is a girl, lanky and looks a bit dis-proportionate (like most teenagers do) with blonde hair.
I’m having the hardest time deciding whether I want a name meaning one of her characteristics or whether I would just want a cute name. Please help! (Last names are not needed, but if you have a cool idea for one it would be really appreciated)
Thanks!

PS This is a highschool romance story, so the character would have been born from 1999-2001 if that helps, but the name doesn’t have to be super common from those years :slight_smile: It takes place in Massachusetts

Names I won’t use: Sarah

Names already in the story: Julie, Isaac, Nate

I’m getting the personality of your character, but (if you know yet), could you share the genre of your story? (Different names would be suggested depending on whether you were writing sci-fi, historical fiction etc. etc.)
[name_m]Just[/name_m] for names that mean “wise” or “humble”, I really like:
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] ([name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] means blessed, and [name_u]Sage[/name_u] means wise)
[name_f]Sonia[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] ([name_f]Sonia[/name_f] means wisdom)
or
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] ([name_f]Minerva[/name_f] means intellect, plus, if you’ve read [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], there’s the [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] McGonagall tie-in.)

I’m getting the personality of your character, but (if you know yet), could you share the genre of your story? (Different names would be suggested depending on whether you were writing sci-fi, historical fiction etc. etc.)
[name_m]Just[/name_m] for names that mean “wise” or “humble”, I really like:
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] ([name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] means blessed, and [name_u]Sage[/name_u] means wise)
[name_f]Sonia[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] ([name_f]Sonia[/name_f] means wisdom)
or
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] ([name_f]Minerva[/name_f] means intellect, plus, if you’ve read [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], there’s the [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] McGonagall tie-in.)

I’m not sure if this is too 1920’s, but maybe [name_f]Mildred[/name_f]? It has a slightly awkward feel but means “gentle strength,” which might fit your character. I think [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] (wise protector) would work as a middle.
[name_f]Mildred[/name_f] “[name_f]Millie[/name_f]” [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! Thank you so much for your response, I added the genre of the story and the age of the character to the description :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your response! That’s a very nice name :slight_smile:

[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_u]Julie[/name_u]
[name_f]Anne[/name_f]/ [name_f]Ann[/name_f]/ [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Samantha[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]

[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_u]Julie[/name_u]
[name_f]Anne[/name_f]/ [name_f]Ann[/name_f]/ [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Samantha[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]

Thanks so much for your reply! :slight_smile:

Like @wisebird and @lida said, you could do [name_f]Mildred[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] or [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u], and for the second, there’s always the tie-in to [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] Paltrow. As for names that sound good, in my opinion, I like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and, if you want a good middle name, you could do [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] if you want. Also, what kind of religion is she? Religions have all sorts of names, so there’s that, and my character is a Catholic, like me, but her middle name is [name_f]Anne[/name_f].