Character with Empath Super Power

Hey guys, I have a nw character to name! [name_f]My[/name_f] friend is going to run a table top roleplaying game similar to Dungeons and Dragons but more focused on the roleplay aspect. It’s loosely based on The Umbrella Academy–the player characters were created as part of an experiment, each with a power, and were raised together. Two years before the game starts we all left home and at the top of the game are returning home.

[name_f]My[/name_f] character is an empath, so he can feel and recreate the feelings and temperaments of others. He can also manipulate others’ emotions but doesn’t realize this yet. The character’s are all nineteen (born in the 80s, set in 2010) which cuts out a lot of job ideas I had for him. I think he’s going to work in taxidermy, since dead things don’t have emotions and therefore are easier to deal with, and it’s also a job you can do a lot of on your own. He has a soft spot for his twin (my friend has not yet named the twin) but gets burned out quickly by others’ emotions.

So he needs a name! Their last name is [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]. I just got asked to join yesterday and came up with all of this today so I haven’t given much thought to a first. Here are some names I’ve been itching to use for a character, lemme know if you think any fit and/or if you have other suggestions!

Rooke
[name_m]Collier[/name_m]
[name_m]Griffith[/name_m]
[name_m]Keir[/name_m]
[name_m]Ephai[/name_m]
[name_u]Lior[/name_u]
[name_u]Oleander[/name_u]

I think [name_u]Oleander[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] is nice!

1 Like

@heloise_chrissa thanks! I think [name_u]Oleander[/name_u] goes well with almost anything because it’s got such a nie sound :blush:

@caramel107 Thanks! I didn’t even think about [name_m]Ephai[/name_m] sounding like Empath. I love Hebrew names so I have a lot of those on my list, but I did notice the connection between empathy and it’s meaning, “gloomy.” I love your suggestions too! Those are all names I have on my nameberry liked list :laughing: so they fit perfectly

2 Likes

Oleander [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] sounds great!

1 Like