Charles, Henry, Walter: Which two make the best pair?

See the results of this poll: Which two combos are best?

Respondents: 36 (This poll is closed)

• Charles and Henry: 15 (42%)
  • Henry and Walter: 15 (42%)
  • Walter and Charles: 6 (17%)

I love and adore all of your names but personally
[name]Charles[/name] & [name]Henry[/name] are too British Royalty ([name]Charles[/name] & [name]Harry[/name])
But [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] sound so darn cute together.
I really adore [name]Walter[/name] and would love to meet a little [name]Walt[/name]/[name]Wally[/name].
I also love [name]Ignatius[/name] (My husband and son share an iguana named [name]Ignatius[/name] [name]Siegfried[/name] aka [name]Iggy[/name] [name]Ziggy[/name]!) so I can get right behind that!
I am sad to not pick [name]Lysander[/name] but [name]Henry[/name] [name]Valentin[/name] and [name]Walter[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name] sound so great together!

Hey.

Something about [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Walter[/name] doesn’t feel right to me, so I voted for either [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] or [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Walter[/name]. [name]Both[/name] work well together and all three names work well with your last name. Now, if you’re going for straight classic, [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] would be the natural choice - [name]Hank[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Harry[/name] and [name]Chuck[/name], whatever. They are so classic! [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Charles[/name] are a great set, definitely - very regal, very royal, but not too, too royal with your quirky [name]Hank[/name] nickname. However, [name]Theodore[/name] has a more vintage vibe than the rest. So, if you want something with a bit more of that 1950s vintage charm - or older, perhaps - then I’d go for [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Walter[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Walter[/name] both end in the R sound, I think it’s totally okay in this case. [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Walter[/name]. Very nice. [name]Teddy[/name], [name]Kitty[/name], [name]Harry[/name], and [name]Wally[/name] are cute. [name]Ted[/name], [name]Kit[/name], [name]Hank[/name], and [name]Walt[/name] feel serious and vintage and really quite endearing, I think.

With [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Atlas[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Juno[/name], I do really like [name]Caspian[/name] or [name]Cassius[/name]. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Caspian[/name] is totally cool. I do think that [name]Charles[/name] [name]Orion[/name] would be a nice brother to [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Atlas[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Juno[/name], too. And, if you didn’t have a [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Juno[/name], I’d be all over [name]Henry[/name] [name]Jupiter[/name]! [name]Icarus[/name] would be a neat one, too - maybe [name]Henry[/name] [name]Icarus[/name]? Alright, I’m just going to throw out some more ideas for you for boys’ middle names - [name]Walter[/name] [name]Cadmus[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Silvanus[/name], [name]Walter[/name] [name]Pallas[/name], [name]Walter[/name] [name]Cronus[/name], [name]Charles[/name] Hyperion, [name]Henry[/name] Ophion, [name]Henry[/name] Typhon, [name]Henry[/name] [name]Zephyrus[/name], [name]Walter[/name] Minos, [name]Charles[/name] [name]Perseus[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Janus[/name], yea, okay, I’m done. I am loving [name]Henry[/name] [name]Silvanus[/name], [name]Walter[/name] [name]Cronus[/name], [name]Charles[/name] Hyperion, [name]Walter[/name] Minos, and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Perseus[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

As always, you have great choices! My favourites are [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Walter[/name] or [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Charles[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Hank[/name] and [name]Walt[/name]!

I chose [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]. [name]Love[/name] the nicknames, and basically everything about them. If our baby is a boy he’ll most likely be [name]Henry[/name] ([name]Harry[/name]), but I lobbied hard for [name]Walter[/name]. My husband won’t get on board, so I’ll be happy if someone else gets to use it. :slight_smile:

[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Walter[/name] is a duo that just stands out for me! They go so well with [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name].

[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] also screamed ‘royal family royal family’ at me!
I voted [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Walter[/name], because both are beautiful, old-fashioned but now vintagey names.
[name]Walt[/name] reminds me of a sweet, serious but charming little boy with big brown eyes! [name]Henry[/name] is fun and energetic. Have to say, I don’t love [name]Hank[/name]. But both those names are bliss for me!
[name]Lovely[/name] taste, triceratops.
(They are, incidentally, all nice names and I love [name]Abraham[/name] too! [name]Shame[/name] he hasn’t a suitable pair.)

Well, my sons are [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Walt[/name] so I’m a wee bit biased! I think [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] go great together, but I personally wanted to avoid going too British royal family with things. I’ve known other [name]Charlie[/name]/[name]Henry[/name] brothers and I feel like it’s a pretty common combo. I’ve actually only met one other [name]Walter[/name] besides our son so I obviously haven’t met any other brothers with these names (although there is another woman on here with sons [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Walt[/name]!). I like the names together a lot; they are both sophisticated enough as formal names, but you can also picture them or their nicknames in cursive on a gas station uniform. I really like their versatility. They are both gentlemanly without being snobby. Once again, totally biased here!

We have a similar naming style, and I’m also expecting twins. I love [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] they’re a great combo. I know I’ll be the odd one out when saying this but I read a book when I was younger called [name]Walter[/name] the Farting Dog, so whenever I think of [name]Walter[/name] I think of that dog, so I’m not keen on it but it does sound fab with [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Charles[/name]. I do like [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] together, they sound great.

If this helps you, for my twins, I’m considering [name]Henry[/name] [name]Cassius[/name], [name]James[/name] [name]Lysander[/name], [name]James[/name] [name]Leander[/name] etc it’s so weird how similar our favourite names are. If you want any ideas, then check out my post. Good luck!