Charlie nn for Caroline?

My husband loves the nickname [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] for a little girl but we know too many [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]’s to name her that. We both agree that we really like the name [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]. Would [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] work as a nickname for this? I know [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is still considered a feminine version of [name_m]Charles[/name_m] so we’re thinking it might be okay.

3 Likes

Yes, I think that works fine. And the origins of the name [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] as a version of [name_m]Charles[/name_m] makes it a good nickname I think. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is lovely!

1 Like

Thank you!

I think it works

1 Like

I think it works. I’ve heard [name_f]Callie[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], too, so [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] seems just as useable as that. Totally cute and tomboyish, too!

1 Like

I think it would work fine.

1 Like

It works :blush:

1 Like

Honestly, in my opinion you can have any nickname you choose. It doesn’t have to be similar to your given name. If your child likes a nickname, then go for it!

1 Like

I think it could work

1 Like

Hi I’m a [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and I get [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]. Personally I don’t see [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] short for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] at all?. I think that’s a stretch.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Charlize[/name_f]?

1 Like

I think it works!

1 Like

I mean the name meaning is the same, so I’d say it works.

1 Like

Caroline [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is perfect :heart_eyes: [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] works great for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], in my opinion!

1 Like

Thank you all for the help!

Yeah it definitely works as a nn!

1 Like