Charlie Rose?

Last 2 names will be my last name and my husband’s last name. Initials CRYR. [name]Do[/name] you think those initials are bad?

They’re not the best but at least they don’t spell a rude word or anything! If it was [name]Anna[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Smith[/name] or something I’d say change it but just because it spells Cry (or Cryer) I personally wouldn’t worry about it. Cryer is a legitamite surname anyway and they’re all fine so initials should be no real issue :wink:

[name]Aly[/name], are you in the US? I immediately think of [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Rose[/name], the journalist. I mean, he’s a great journalist… but many people may have that association. Would you consider a longer first name, with [name]Charlie[/name] as a nn?
I think the initials are completely fine.

The initials are fine!

The initials are fine. I am not a fan of using the name [name]Charlie[/name] for a girl, but that’s just my style.

I think they’re totally fine.

I just wanted to reiterate with emmabobemma said - I immediately thought of [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] the journalist when I read the title of this thread. However, I also agree that the initials are not a problem.

I also thought of [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

I’m really not a fan of [name]Charlie[/name] on a girl, but if you do go there, would you consider picking a formal first name such as [name]Charlotte[/name], nn [name]Charlie[/name]?

The initials aren’t the problem - it’s the fact that, while pretty, almost everyone will think of the journalist. Since you would only really hear the middle name in a formal setting (i.e. a graduation ceremony), why not go with [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]?

I agree with this completely.

I also thought of the journalist…

I’ve never heard of [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] the journalist! Yes I’m in the US.

I think the initials are fine but there’s many, many C.R. combinations I would like better, as I’m not fond of [name]Rose[/name] as a middle name or [name]Charlie[/name] at all. No offense. I don’t think the initials are a problem.

I thought you were asking a question about [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] the journalist. I’d also go with a longer more formal name and use [name]Charlie[/name] as a nn.

[name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Charlize[/name]?