Charlie?

[name]Hi[/name] Berries,
What do you think of the name [name]Charlie[/name] for a girl? What is the meaning, and orgin? And what about the popularity? I know there is a little girl on the show Good [name]Luck[/name] [name]Charlie[/name] named [name]Charlotte[/name], nicknamed [name]Charlie[/name] & my little cousin is [name]Charlotte[/name] nicknamed [name]Charlie[/name]. Thank-You (:

xx Shealah xx

[name]Charlie[/name] is the dimiunive of the male [name]Charles[/name] and the female [name]Charlotte[/name]. It’s English, meaning “[name]Free[/name] man.” It’s ranked at 236 for boys and 376 for girls.

• [name]Athena[/name]

I think it’s cute as a nickname for [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Charlene[/name] or any other female name that starts with [name]Char[/name]-.

Thanks for your opinions, everyone!

I love [name]Charley[/name] for a girl! [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Grace[/name] nn [name]Charley[/name] is one of my top names.

[name]Charlie[/name] is fine as a nn. But I wouldn’t use it by itself!

As a nickname for [name]Charlotte[/name] or something similar - it’s acceptable.

On it’s own, I don’t care for it at all, it’s too juvenile and masculine.

I agree with the others that [name]Charlie[/name] is a cute nn (didn’t used to care for it, but as long as it’s a nn for a feminine name, I’ve grown to appreciate it). Disney [name]Channel[/name] shows are my GP, lol, so I think [name]Mia[/name] Talerico on Good [name]Luck[/name] [name]Charlie[/name] is just the cutest. [name]Charlotte[/name]'s on my list–I’d still use [name]Lola[/name], and even [name]Lottie[/name], above [name]Charlie[/name], but I do quite like [name]Charlie[/name] for a little girl.

I like it for a girl. I think I’d spell it “[name]Charley[/name]”, though.

I know a girl named [name]Charlie[/name] who doesn’t like her name, it’s a nn for [name]Charlsie[/name] (sp?) which she likes even less :confused: