Charlotte or Caroline??

[name]Hi[/name]!

I posted a couple of months ago and you helped us narrow down our girl name… but now we’ve thrown another in the mix! It’s down to [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name]. We’d like to honor a [name]Charles[/name] in our family- I know [name]Charlotte[/name] is more directly derived from [name]Charles[/name], but that’s OK. We feel that either one would have a strong enough connection to our [name]Charles[/name]. So, here are my questions:

1. Which name do you prefer and why? What do you think of when you hear each name?
  2. Our favorite boy’s name is [name]Jack[/name]. If we had a boy down the line, is it strange to have a [name]Caroline[/name] and a [name]Jack[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you think “[name]Kennedy[/name]” right away, or am I over-thinking this?

Big sister’s name is [name]Amelia[/name] and our last name has one syllable.
THANK YOU for your help!

1. I really like both names, but prefer the sound of [name]Caroline[/name] slightly more. [name]Charlotte[/name] has a bit more of a vintage feel like [name]Amelia[/name], while I would call [name]Caroline[/name] timeless.
  2. [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] definitely have a [name]Kennedy[/name]-esqe aura about them that I think many people will notice. The fact that you already have an [name]Amelia[/name] makes it less theme-oriented, however.

Of the two names, I like [name]Caroline[/name] more. But with [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Jack[/name], I prefer [name]Charlotte[/name].

I am a huge fan of both - they are both on our “short list”. That being said, I prefer [name]Charlotte[/name] because I find it easier to pair with middle names, though I am sure many would disagree with me. I also hear [name]Caroline[/name] more frequently than [name]Charlotte[/name], and agree with the previous poster that it works better with your daughter’s name and a possible future son, [name]Jack[/name].

Though either would be lovely, my vote is definitely for [name]Charlotte[/name].

I agree 100%.

[name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are perfect! Plus a little [name]Jack[/name], possibly down the line… they would all work so well together!

What about nns? [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Charlie[/name] or [name]Lottie[/name] for [name]Charlotte[/name]? [name]Carly[/name] or [name]Caro[/name] for [name]Caroline[/name]?

I think [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] is rather [name]Kennedy[/name]…

[name]Charlotte[/name] gets my vote (:

[name]Charlotte[/name] gets my vote, as well. I didn’t immediately think “[name]Kennedy[/name]” with [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Jack[/name], but I just do not really like [name]Caroline[/name]…at all. And [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] sounds so lovely together!! Simply gorgeous.