Charlotte vs Susanna?

Thoughts on the names [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]?

I like both! [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is more punchy to me, [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is more sing songy! Both have lots of nickname options. I think people are a lot less likely to nickname [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], where as [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] could more often get sue or suzy? [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is maybe a little more fresh these days :blush:

1 Like

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] are both gorgeous! [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is a young girl taking tea in her conservatory with her friends, whereas [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is the name of a ballad sung by lovesick cowboy, pining over Susanna’s tragic death.

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], mostly because [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is everywhere right now and I’d love to meet a little [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]. I love the nickname [name_u]Zan[/name_u].

2 Likes

[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is amazing!

1 Like

Both lovely - perhaps [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] has the edge because it’s more unexpected, but I just adore the nickname [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

1 Like

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is certainly more popular in our circles ! I have yet to run into a little [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] !

I love both !

1 Like

Both are pretty and very feminine, but [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] (with an h) is a long time favorite of mine. Also, [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] isn’t as popular right now as others have pointed out.

1 Like

For me, definitely Charlotte!! :two_hearts: I love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as a whole - personally not a fan of the nicknames besides maybe [name_f]Cece[/name_f] or [name_f]Carly[/name_f], but [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is lovely. I personally quite dislike [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] it is soo dated for me, but probably because my Grandma’s old age home feels like its filled with 90% Susan/Susanna/Suzanne’s and personally Im not at all ready for it to come back and it feels quite dusty dated to me!

1 Like

I like both!

If popularity doesn’t worry you, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is a lovely choice.

If you want a name that’s not so common, go with [name_f]Susanna[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] has understated elegance and versatility - I like the [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] association too, and the nickname possibility of [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_f]Lottie[/name_f], [name_f]Lotta[/name_f], [name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_f]Char[/name_f], [name_u]Tali[/name_u]

[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is strong but sweet, sunny and bright but classic and solid too. Again, I like the nickname possibilities of [name_f]Suki[/name_f], [name_u]Sunny[/name_u], [name_f]Sanna[/name_f], [name_f]Susie[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]! It’s my favorite girl name and I love how elegant and strong it feels.

[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is lovely too but I prefer the spelling [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]. [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] feels friendly and sweet!

1 Like

Both are beautiful :lemon:

[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is my favourite option! I think [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is elegant, summery, bright with a citrusy colourful feel. I think [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is beautiful, unexpected and warm. I like the nicknames [name_f]Suki[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f] and [name_f]Susie[/name_f] very sweet.
I also love the meaning ‘Lily’ as well such a pretty name.

1 Like

They are both beautiful, elegant, classic names. I love them both but personally just would rather use a more uncommon name. [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is rare but I know so many Savanna/Savannah’s and it’s very similar so I just recently took it off my list.

2 Likes

Both are so nice. Susanna(h) is a long time favorite of mine although I do prefer the “h” ending. And I love all the nn options

1 Like

Go with [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]! I have a sister named [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] and she is the best person I have ever met. I agree with some others that [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is a little overdone these days. [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] feels fresher.

1 Like