Charlotte...

Yes, me again… The name “[name]Charlotte[/name]” was suggested in the previous thread I started (sorry for so many!). DH absolutely loves it, it goes so well with [name]Emma[/name] (our first daughter) and our last name ([name]Crosby[/name]). It’s timeless and pretty.

But I just can’t stand any of the nicknames! I’m not 100% sold yet, but it’s a nice name. What do you think of [name]Charlotte[/name]? [name]Do[/name] most Charlottes go by “[name]Charlie[/name]” or “[name]Lottie[/name]” – both make me wince…

[name]Hi[/name]!

I love [name]Charlotte[/name]! I always say that [name]Charlotte[/name] has been a long-time love of mine, as I named my most favorite doll “[name]Charlotte[/name]” when I was about nine years old…

[name]Charlotte[/name] is classic and sophisticated, calm and soothing, spunky and fresh all at the same time! It is the perfect compliment to [name]Emma[/name], I think!

Honestly, none of the [name]Charlotte[/name]'s I’ve ever known have used nicknames. They are just [name]Charlotte[/name]! Maybe one girl’s mom occasionally shortened the name, as in “[name]Char[/name], go get your gym bag!” but I don’t consider that a “real” nickname. If you don’t like the nicknames, then simply don’t use one! [name]Charlotte[/name] is lovely as its full form - that’s what I’d do!

Take care!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I love [name]Charlotte[/name], and it’s absolutely wonderful with [name]Emma[/name] and last name [name]Crosby[/name]!! It definitely doesn’t need a nickname (most nicknames are two syllables, anyway). [name]Don[/name]'t worry about it! [name]Charlotte[/name] is perfect.

[name]LOVELY[/name] CHOICE…
We have [name]Charlotte[/name] on our list as i love classic names and charlotte as it all (elegant/ timeless) but like you am not keen on charlie (DH LOVES IT!) however i really think lottie is cute when they are young.
The charlottes i know who are adults either go by charlotte or charlie and the kiddies ones go by lottie.
At the end of the day, you dont have to use nn but ppl do so you might have to insist on baby being called charlotte only?!

Ohhh I love [name]Charlotte[/name] with [name]Emma[/name], and with [name]Crosby[/name]! It’s perfect!

I do like [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Lottie[/name] as nicknames, but [name]Charlotte[/name] definitely doesn’t need one!

I think this is a great choice for your daughter :slight_smile:

I like [name]Charlotte[/name]. I have never known any [name]Charlotte[/name]'s to use a nickname. It’s not that long of a name so I don’t think it really needs one.

[name]Hi[/name]! I absolutely love [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Crosby[/name], and I also love it with [name]Emma[/name]! I think it’s perfect! :slight_smile:

[name]Every[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] I’ve ever known has been warm, funny, and bright. One of my best friends is named [name]Charlotte[/name], and she goes by [name]Charlotte[/name], no nickname, as do three other Charlottes I know.

(I also know a few wonderful Charlottes who go by [name]Charlie[/name], which I do think is adorable, but I call them [name]Charlie[/name] because that’s their preferred name, and it’s how they introduce themselves. If someone introduced herself to me as [name]Charlotte[/name] though, I’d definitely call her [name]Charlotte[/name], not [name]Charlie[/name] or [name]Lottie[/name].)

I love, love, love [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Emma[/name]!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

It’s my middle name. I have never known a [name]Charlotte[/name] that went my [name]Charleigh[/name] or [name]Lottie[/name].

[name]Charlotte[/name] defiantly doesn’t need a nick name, but i know i personally prefer a name to have one before hand. Besides [name]Charlie[/name] or [name]Lottie[/name], which i don’t like much either, there is [name]Hattie[/name]:slight_smile:

This is really one of those names that I’ve also been tossing around whether I like or not for the same reasons. I have gotten to like [name]Lotte[/name] as a name over the past few months (I think it was a topic recently enough that it grew on me), but one of the “boyish” nicknames I absolutely hate on girls is [name]Charlie[/name] for some reason. I can take an [name]Alex[/name] or a [name]Bobbie[/name] or a [name]Toni[/name], but I don’t like [name]Charlie[/name] (or [name]Frankie[/name]!) on a girl or woman, I don’t know what it is.

I think it is the same with any name you like. There is always going to be a minor risk the child will grow up and use the nickname you hate the most, as his or her identity grows outside of your home. I think, for the most part, people grow up with their household nicknames or whatever you establish as standard and never leave them. A [name]Charlotte[/name] can be just [name]Charlotte[/name] her whole life if you establish her name for others before she can speak for herself, and then she will take over. A few people actually don’t feel their names fit them well enough and go “independent.” That’s the same risk as someone with an [name]Elizabeth[/name] takes who wants a [name]Bess[/name] and gets an [name]Eliza[/name] because [name]Bess[/name] just didn’t feel like a [name]Bess[/name]. I don’t have a nickname, but I went through periods trying to be an individual apart from the name given to me by my parents. I could never get the nickname going, so I still go as [name]Karen[/name], but then [name]Karen[/name] doesn’t really get nicknamed by others. I could have been a lot more confident about it, and others definitely are, and push the name until it takes. I think a [name]Charlotte[/name] mostly will go by [name]Charlotte[/name] if you establish, just like the people said. It’s a chance you take that she herself might not feel the same way about it, but not a very high chance.

This may be a bit of a stretch, but I could see ‘[name]Cara[/name]’ (cahr-ah), ‘[name]Cary[/name]’ (cahr-ee), ‘[name]Carly[/name]’, ‘[name]Lola[/name]’, or ‘[name]Lotta[/name]’ as nn’s for ‘[name]Charlotte[/name]’.

(’[name]Carlotta[/name]’ is the Spanish form of the name, so I am working off of that variation to get these nn’s.)

Of course, ‘[name]Charlotte[/name]’ is beautiful in itself.

The [name]Charlotte[/name] I know goes by Cha-Cha. But she is only a toddler!

I’m just going to ditto everyone else and say I think [name]Charlotte[/name] is a wonderful choice (I’m so very biased) and that [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] go perfectly together! [name]Charlotte[/name] doesn’t need a nn and won’t automatically be shortened to [name]Charlie[/name] or [name]Lottie[/name].

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name] ([name]Charlotte[/name])

I love [name]Charlotte[/name] with [name]Emma[/name]! Any [name]Charlotte[/name] I have ever met has not had a nickname.