Cherish - too cheesy?

Hello!

What do you think of [name]Cherish[/name] as a name for a girl? Useable or overwhelmingly cheesy?!

Thanks, [name]Fran[/name]

Hm, [name]Fran[/name]. I see how this might be cute, but I think I’ll vote for too cheesy. Would you call her [name]Cherish[/name]? Or [name]Cherry[/name]? Or, perhaps worse, [name]Cher[/name]? I’m not seeing this transferring to “real life” as well as say, [name]Tula[/name], especially when [name]Lacey[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] are “grown-up” names. I also think the combination of [name]Lacey[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], and [name]Cherish[/name] is too much. Sorry!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

PS I’m glad you like [name]Tula[/name] [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Reeves[/name]. It does sound nice with your last name, though [name]Tula[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] is still very pretty!

I think it’s too cheesy, sorry. Although it’s really not that much different from [name]Honor[/name].

I knew a [name]Cherish[/name]…she was a sweetheart and I think she would fit the idea of a person named [name]Cherish[/name], but honestly it still didn’t work. To me, it came off as cutesy and cheesy and a little awkward.

I think this is a perfect example of a name you should “try out” by using it when out and about getting coffee and such. If you feel weird as an adult telling people your name is [name]Cherish[/name], then I would steer clear. However, if you really enjoy using the name, then it may be a good fit.

It’s not going to get better from me, sorry. I think its a little to cutesy and even a bit awkward to say- “[name]Cherish[/name], sit down” or “[name]Cherish[/name], should you be doing that?” are total tongue twisters to me. I think it would be tough to live with.

I have a sister named [name]Cherish[/name] and the name is very nice. She gets more compliments on the name than anything. Then there are times when people people pronounce it like [name]Charice[/name] but when she corrects them they love her name.

NOOOOOO way is [name]Cherry[/name] a nickname. No one calls her cherry or even tried.

I think its unique and an underused virtue name, but it is becoming a bit more popular. A couple years ago we ran into a baby named [name]Cherish[/name]. And a cousin’s friend name is [name]Cherish[/name] and it fit her perfectly fine as well.

It grows well with the child. It doesn’t have a trendy or nicknamey feel to it.

I say go for it.

Any middle name ideas??

I think that name is awesome, and not just because it’s my name. Full name [name]Cherish[/name] [name]Denise[/name]… [name]Cherish[/name] ages very well in my opinion. I never thought my name was too old when I was in grade school, and looking back on home videos of family calling a little six month old “[name]Cherish[/name]” I never once cringed and thought "ewww, that sounds a little weird. I also found that though alot of people won’t use the name, for many reasons, many people compliment it. I’m an identical twin and when we would introduce ourselves as [name]Cherish[/name] and [name]Joy[/name], I always heard, “Wow, thats a pretty name.” Or “Beautiful name.”
I guess I might be rambling now but [name]Cherish[/name]…cheesy? Never.

Also I detest the nickname [name]Cherry[/name]. People used to try that all the time, especially kids. I simply would tell them my name is [name]Cherish[/name], not [name]Cherry[/name]. I fixed that problem real quick. But maybe that’s just a matter of preference.

Thanks everyone. [name]Haven[/name]'t really considered middle names so if you’d like to suggest some then feel free! Surname is [name]Reeves[/name]. Big sisters are [name]Lacey[/name] [name]Morgana[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Isolde[/name].

[name]Fran[/name] x

Use it as a term of endearment but not as a name. It sounds a bit cheap.

Sorry, but definitely cheesy!