CHERYL?

I don’t think I would ever give this to my own child and nameberry dismisses it, but I can see how it could come back, especially since it’s attached to the adorable [name]Cheryl[/name] [name]Cole[/name], who is hugely popular in the UK. What do you think?

[name]Cheryl[/name] was the [name]Ava[/name] of the 50’s. Like many sudden sensations, it quickly faded and is now rarely given as a name. It pains me to say this but I believe that there may a class issue at play as well. [name]Cheryl[/name] just “feels” and “sounds” so working class to alot of the upwardly mobile folk. It’s an awful fact in modern times but there are still name “snobs” out there. My hunch is that there won’t be any revival of the name in the foreseeable future. Personally, even though I wouldn’t choose this name, I prefer the spelling of [name]Sheryl[/name] as it just looks softer

I really doubt it. At least not for probably two more generations.

[name]Do[/name] I expect it to come back soon? Not really.

[name]Do[/name] I wish it would? What’s wrong with short white gloves?

I don’t think I see it lighting up the charts anytime soon. I’ve never much cared for it when pn ‘share-ull’ but I did once meet an independent contractor whose name was spelled this way and pn ‘chair-ull’ which I definitely preferred.

This was my boyfriend’s mother’s name, and she passed away when he was very young. Because of this, I really want to like it… I’m not sure if I do. I can find the beauty in most anything, and I do see the beauty in this. I love y’s and l’s. I love the soft sound and meaning of “[name]Cher[/name]” (what a great nickname, come on, really!) And I love that it has the meaning of darling or cherished one. It is lovely if you think of that and say it softly… (I think most names are pronounced too harshly by Americans). I could maybe use it as a middle name in his mother’s honor, but I don’t think it will come back for a while due to the fact that it just doesn’t fit in with the trends right now?

[name]Cheryl[/name] is my aunt’s name. I have to admit I’m not crazy about it though. I went to school with a girl named [name]Shara[/name] and I always thought that her name was very pretty.

Icky! I really, really don’t like [name]Cheryl[/name]! I don’t think it’ll come back for a few decades, and might not even then!

I’m honoring a [name]Cheryl[/name] ([name]Sheryl[/name]) if we have a girl. I also have a grandma [name]Mary[/name]…so I’m using [name]Meryl[/name] as a tribute to both women. I also also considered [name]Sheridan[/name] and [name]Sherilyn[/name]. The [name]Sheryl[/name] I’m honoring was a like a second mother to me and this baby was conceived the week she unexpectedly passed away…the meaning of the person she was completely outweighs whether or not I ‘love’ the name. I love that I may get to honor someone so special to me, and that’s the main thing.

Honestly, I think that is AWESOME. I really would love my name so much more if it had significant meaning with my parents.