childhood guilty pleasures

When I was younger I thought there wasn’t any name that beat [name_f]Darla[/name_f] from the little rascals. I think it’s adorable, sweet & innocent but can’t picture it on anyone else - except my first hampster at the time!

Another one was my uncles girlfriends name [name_f]Mia[/name_f], I thought she was great so it made the name great.i don’t feel the same way now but it still has some nostalgic memories of Taz, ice cream, jeeps without the top on, ect…

Anyone else have long lost childhood favorites?

Aww, I thought the same about [name_f]Darla[/name_f] when I was little, although I thought the character was a bit more stand-offish than sweet lol. [name_f]Mia[/name_f] is cute :slight_smile:

My main one was [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u]. It was the name of the pink power ranger (I think…that’s why I liked it at the time…we watched the movie with the purple oozing guy). I thought it was tomboyish and tough but unmistakebly a girl’s name. Then [name_f]Kimmy[/name_f] Gibler ruined it for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Other childhood favorites:

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] : [name_m]Little[/name_m] House series
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] : or how ever you spell it. My brother’s ex-girlfriend…we’d love to sing her name whenever they’d leave for a date
[name_u]Tierney[/name_u] : another one of brother’s girlfriends… come to think of it, I loved all their names :stuck_out_tongue:

Aww, I thought the same about [name_f]Darla[/name_f] when I was little, although I thought the character was a bit more stand-offish than sweet lol. [name_f]Mia[/name_f] is cute :slight_smile:

My main one was [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u]. It was the name of the pink power ranger (I think…that’s why I liked it at the time…we watched the movie with the purple oozing guy). I thought it was tomboyish and tough but unmistakebly a girl’s name. Then [name_f]Kimmy[/name_f] Gibler ruined it for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Other childhood favorites:

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] : [name_m]Little[/name_m] House series
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] : or how ever you spell it. My brother’s ex-girlfriend…we’d love to sing her name whenever they’d leave for a date
[name_u]Tierney[/name_u] : another one of brother’s girlfriends… come to think of it, I loved all their names :stuck_out_tongue:

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] was one of my favorite names as a child but now I don’t like it at all. I also liked [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_u]Seren[/name_u] and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f].

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] - I loved the name [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] from Sleeping beauty but because of the [name_u]Rory[/name_u] association I thought the name was too masculine for me. So I went in the baby naming book and found [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] which to me seemed like a more feminine version of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] with the added bonus of having [name_f]Elle[/name_f] in it (I looked up to my neighbor [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] at the time).

[name_f]Amy[/name_f] - This might sound weird but I thought the [name_f]Pink[/name_f] [name_m]Power[/name_m] [name_m]Ranger[/name_m] was one of the prettiest people I ever saw as a child and I wanted to look like her when I was a teenager (without the mask of course). Her real name was [name_f]Amy[/name_f] and so I had a good association with the name. Now the [name_m]Power[/name_m] [name_m]Ranger[/name_m] association may be haha, wtf? But I loved that show and movie as a kid.

I didn’t have alot of females in my life as I was the only female grandchild of my generation, so I was always surrounded by boys

When I was little I wanted to have a daughter named [name_f]Heaven[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] ([name_u]Lee[/name_u] is my older sister’s MN). It makes me laugh now when I think about it.

When I was little I was obsessed with the name Reighn. Like [name_u]Rain[/name_u], but spelled in some bizarre way.

I even would daydream about calling her name out in public and people reacting in awe at how beautiful is was. Lol!

I have this little book of stories I would write and absolutely every main character is a girl named Reighn. I was obsessed!

I named all of my dolls the names that I loved: I had a [name_f]Nancy[/name_f] (OMG), [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (still love this one, except for the Kardashian influence), [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] (still sweet), [name_f]Louise[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] (still love but a bit nicknamey) and [name_u]Sammi[/name_u] (short for [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] I believe). My tastes have changed quite a lot!

I really wish I could find a list I used to keep when I was around middle school age because I had quite a list going at one point. From what I can remember…

Girls:
[name_f]Nava[/name_f] [name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]

Boys:
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
Book/[name_m]Booker[/name_m]
[name_f]Maple[/name_f]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]

To this day my mom knows that I still love baby names and will tease me about [name_f]Nava[/name_f] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] every time we talk about baby names, but honestly I would consider it for a daughter one day if it felt right.

Chelseamae that name would probing work today, she would be unique &daring (dean reminds me james dean aha)

Alwaysben I haf a puppy named reign (sp I forgey but it wasnt rain) that I aldo thought was like phenomenal lol, mine came from some song tho

I think it’s funny how anyone wr admired automaticlu has a good associate with the name now I feel like if I hear it then its too common!

When I was little, I loved the names:
[name_f]Darlene[/name_f]
Holidayle (I made it up my very own self!)
[name_f]Star[/name_f]
Skylark
[name_f]Starlight[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlene[/name_f]
[name_f]Charmaine[/name_f]