Childhood Name Favorites?

My parents told me when I was around 5 or do I demanded that my name was “[name_f]Rainbow[/name_f] Sparkle” and would only respond to that, and it lasted for about 6 months before I decided my name was my name again.

Aside from that I never used human names for things they were always words. Gingerbread, [name_f]Sugar[/name_f] Cookie, [name_f]Shadow[/name_f], [name_f]Starlight[/name_f]… things of that nature. My name style has definitely evolved hahah.

I always loved [name_f]Julia[/name_f] (still do), [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] (especially [name_f]Becky[/name_f]), [name_f]Arielle[/name_f], and [name_f]Alicia[/name_f]. When I was about two I demanded to be called a completely random string of letters (BES) for absolutely no reason at all. I always hated my name as a child, always wished my parents had picked [name_f]Julia[/name_f], which was another name they’d considered but my dad didn’t like. I thought my name sounded silly and stupid.

I’ve never really made up names for myself or others, except BES. I did have a doll called Starbright though.

I always liked names I had a positive connection to, like my best friend [name_f]Lily[/name_f], the “popular girl” in my second grade class named [name_f]Emily[/name_f], or my babysitter [name_f]Arielle[/name_f].

I loved names when I was younger! My favourite name when I was younger for a boy was Matthew. As soon as I heard it, I instantly fell in love with it! I still like that name to this day, but it’s no longer on my list for a boy. When I was younger my favourite name for a girl was Annabelle. I don’t know why I liked it so much, I just thought it was really pretty! I’m not too keen on it now, though… I also loved the name Mary after one of my favourite actresses’ at the time. I still love the name Mary to this day, though!

When I was younger, I had an imaginary friend called Alice. I had seen a programme on television and one of the characters was named Alice. After seeing that programme, I wanted a friend named Alice. So, I just decided to create an imaginary friend and call her Alice. However, I’m not keen on the name anymore.

My naming style since then has changed, but in a way, it also hasn’t changed… Today my favourite names for boys are: Jonathan, Edmund and Gardner. So, I still like classic names, but I also like names I wouldn’t have liked in the past. My favourite names for girls now are: Adelaide, Cassia and Heather. I have always loved Heather, so that hasn’t changed.

I started to think about names when I was 8 or 9. My youngest sister had just been born, and I was very disappointed that [name_f]Leah[/name_f] wanted to play with [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] more than me. I felt very excluded so I told myself that I would only have two girls named [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliana[/name_f]. No idea where I came up with those, but [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] was my favorite name when I was a kid for some reason. I don’t like it anymore, but [name_f]Juliana[/name_f] is still pretty. My top boy names were [name_u]Cody[/name_u] and [name_m]Cole[/name_m]. I kinda had a bit of a crush on [name_m]Cole[/name_m] Sprouse when I was in fourth grade… I don’t like to talk about it.

When I got my first name book for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], I was 10 and I loved it. My list included [name_f]Theresa[/name_f], [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f], [name_u]Kari[/name_u] (pn. Like the Incredible character, not [name_u]Carey[/name_u]), [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_u]Reagan[/name_u], and [name_f]Paige[/name_f] for girls, and [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_u]Carter[/name_u], [name_m]Colin[/name_m], [name_u]Tyler[/name_u], and [name_u]Devin[/name_u] for boys. Most of these names are too trendy or popular for me now, but I still like [name_m]Colin[/name_m] for boys.

I began liking more unusual, trendy, and sometimes tacky names when I got into middle school. [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] was still on my list for awhile before I replaced her with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. The only super tacky name I liked was [name_f]Chyna[/name_f], influenced by the Disney character. Other girl names on my list were [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Kaylin[/name_f]/[name_f]Kaelyn[/name_f], [name_f]Brynn[/name_f], [name_f]Kelli[/name_f], [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f], [name_f]Nahla[/name_f], and [name_u]Skylar[/name_u]. I also loved [name_f]Nova[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] for twin girls. My boys were very similar only adding [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], [name_u]Jayden[/name_u], [name_u]Mason[/name_u], [name_m]Jason[/name_m], [name_u]Chase[/name_u], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], and [name_m]Callum[/name_m].

When I was in 8th grade, I started to look for name that I knew no one with. My favorites were [name_f]Siddalee[/name_f], [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f], and [name_f]Brynlee[/name_f] for girls, and [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], [name_u]Bradley[/name_u], and [name_u]Carter[/name_u] for boys. This is when I also discovered some of my favorites today such as [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and [name_m]Torin[/name_m].

My freshman year was filled with many trendy names. I loved [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f], [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u], [name_f]Brynlee[/name_f], [name_u]Avery[/name_u], [name_f]Gianna[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_u]Salem[/name_u], [name_f]Cadence[/name_f], [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], and [name_u]Britton[/name_u] for girls, and [name_u]Carter[/name_u], [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], and [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] for boys. These passed quickly, and by the end of the year, my girls’ list included [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].

[name_u]Ever[/name_u] since then, my style has been pretty much what it is now.

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] was my name love for 4 years, its’ even in my nn ([name_f]Kizzy[/name_f] is [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] with the first letter of my first name, I hated my original nn). I continue to love [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] with all my heart ([name_f]Narnia[/name_f] days) and my dogs names are [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_u]Danny[/name_u] ([name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]) and I love them too now.

Oh and when I was 6ish, I demanded to be called Rowcella, as in the island princess barbie Rowcella. Until my brother told me I was a tomato sauce brand.

I have a favourite name list from childhood that I still have somewhere. I had a few on there that I still love now, like [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] and [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]. Another that I loved at the time that is totally not my style now is [name_f]Misty[/name_f].

I’ve always loved valour or valor as spelt in [name_u]America[/name_u] or celecia variation of cecilia i also adored that name.

I met a girl when I was probably about 5 named [name_f]Lena[/name_f]? ([name_f]Layna[/name_f]) idk how it was spelled, but I was obsessed with that name and named a doll that. Most of my dolls were named after my sisters friends because i thought they were cool since they were older lol. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f] fall into this category. I also had dolls [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f]…pretty proud of those choices now ngl. In elementary school I swore my kids would be named [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] and [name_f]Caitlyn[/name_f]…I’m less proud of those. Middle school was when I first started making name lists…i have a list on my phone of all the names on my short list ever to see the evolution and some of the early ones included…
[name_u]Brayden[/name_u], [name_m]Kyler[/name_m], [name_m]Ryder[/name_m], (I liked the letter y), [name_u]Reagan[/name_u], [name_u]Dakota[/name_u], [name_u]Skyler[/name_u], [name_u]Logan[/name_u], [name_u]Hunter[/name_u], [name_u]Parker[/name_u], etc
Girls were [name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], [name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_f]Kyra[/name_f], [name_f]Kaelyn[/name_f], [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f]

When I was younger, I liked those stereotypical 80’s and 90’s names, like [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], [name_f]Brittany[/name_f], [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f], [name_f]Heather[/name_f], [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], [name_u]Courtney[/name_u], [name_u]Hillary[/name_u], [name_f]Laura[/name_f], [name_f]Kristen[/name_f], [name_u]Lindsey[/name_u], and especially [name_f]Kimmy[/name_f]. They were the names of my babysitters, who I thought were so cool. I also invented the name Bettygo, which I called all of my dolls. I have no idea how I came up with it.

I started to really get into names in 4th grade, with my favorite names being [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]. In middle school, I was obsessed with pretty typical names like [name_f]Jillian[/name_f], [name_f]Colleen[/name_f], [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f], [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_f]Dawn[/name_f], [name_f]Melody[/name_f], [name_f]Paige[/name_f], [name_f]Becky[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], and [name_f]Nicole[/name_f], along with more unusual names like [name_f]Britta[/name_f], [name_f]Lindy[/name_f], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], [name_f]Genie[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Kelsi[/name_f], [name_f]Vanna[/name_f], [name_f]Mora[/name_f], and [name_f]Stockard[/name_f]. I also really liked [name_f]Chasity[/name_f], which is, for some reason, how I thought the name [name_f]Chastity[/name_f] was pronounced.

By the time I made my Nameberry account when I was 14, I didn’t like those names anymore, aside from [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]. That’s when I began to develop my current naming style. However, I still had trouble with finding boys names, and I remember loving [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_m]Harvey[/name_m], [name_m]Landon[/name_m], [name_u]Bentley[/name_u], [name_m]Trevor[/name_m], [name_m]Greyson[/name_m], and [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] for a while. Needless to say, I don’t really like those names anymore!

When I was a kid I loved the names [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] , [name_f]Philippa[/name_f], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], [name_u]Mandy[/name_u] and [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]. I used them all on dolls

I was never really into girls names (that hasn’t changed, I do remember loving [name_f]Ella[/name_f] though) so I only really remember the boys names. My favourite name for years was [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. Everything was names [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. I changed it to [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] because [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is so overused in the UK (I mean it is a great name). [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] nn [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is on my shortlist. But my sister loves it :expressionless: When I was about 11, [name_m]Jack[/name_m] changed to [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is still my number 1 boy name but I could never use it as a fn. The first reason, my niece is [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and I am very very close to my sister and her kids. The second reason, I cannot stand [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] (no offence to anyone) and the third and final reason is that it’s very popular where I live. So now, my top name for a boy is [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m].

I remember having a doll called [name_f]Veronica[/name_f], so I probably liked this one. When I was a tweenager, I fell in love with [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] and [name_u]James[/name_u], and I still love them now. I also liked [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m], [name_m]Adam[/name_m] and [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]. I joined in 2013, and [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] were my favorites. Both of them are still on my list.

I used to call myself [name_f]Lola[/name_f] when I was around 11/12, and I called every doll I got [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] or [name_u]Sam[/name_u]. I also used to pretend I had a dog called [name_u]Rory[/name_u]!

The first name I can remember loving as a kid was Kalaya, when I was five or six (not a fan of it now haha:)). Then, when I was ten, I absolutely fell in love with the name [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] after reading [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]'s web. I still do love it, but it’s become too popular for me to use now:(.

When I was a child I remember loving the boys names [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]. I’m not actually sure why though… I still like both and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is actually my current number 1 boys name. The only girl name I really remember loving was [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. I remember meeting a girl in school called [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and I thought it was the most beautiful name I had ever heard. Once again I still really like that name.
In terms of “made up” names, I remember having multiple imaginary friends but one in particular sticks out in my memory and her name was Bomi.

My favourite name has been for many years [name_f]Marcella[/name_f]. I remember liking [name_f]Eva[/name_f] but it was for a short period of time.

I liked the name [name_f]Azure[/name_f] [name_m]Timothy[/name_m] for a boy, which I really dislike now. For a girl, I really liked Dietlinde, which is a [name_m]German[/name_m] name. I still do like it but really not a fan of the spelling.

For as long as I can remember, I’ve been interested in names and making name lists.

Does anybody remember the Dreamland baby dolls from the 90s? It came with a list of names and you called an automated number to talk to [name_f]Nanny[/name_f] [name_f]Annie[/name_f] and tell her the name you picked and they sent you an outfit with the name embroidered on it. Best doll ever! I think I named mine [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] as I was very into the [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] type names as a kid. For boys, I liked [name_m]Connor[/name_m], [name_u]Carter[/name_u], [name_u]Parker[/name_u], [name_u]Everett[/name_u]. I wish I still had my lists from back then; it would be fun to see if there’s anything at all I still like.

Well I was very secretive about what names I liked when I was maybe 7. My mother and all older females relatives would have loved nameberry. [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], actress [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] and the First Lady of the U.S.were much admired by them so very secretly [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f] & [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] were
my secret dreams. Brgitte [name_f]Bardot[/name_f]'s name rated too.
I was very behind with trends.

I dont really remember many names that I used to like but I do remember the main ones being [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] & [name_u]Ryan[/name_u].