Children of Apollo

Hi Berries!

As someone with a strong interest in Classical Studies, and (with any luck!) beginning a [name_m]Bachelor[/name_m]’s degree in the topic starting next year, I’ve always had a fascination for names which can be associated with the gods. While studying ancient Greek vases earlier today (the Niobid [name_u]Painter[/name_u]’s calyx krater, if anyone is curious), I began thinking about gods and names and somehow came up with this list of baby names with meanings or famous bearers associated with the Greek god Apollo. Whether you use it for inspiration for your future children or characters, I hope someone finds it useful!

4 Likes

That sounds cool actually! From the list I like [name_f]Chiara[/name_f], [name_f]Althea[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and [name_m]Cassander[/name_m]! I’ll be saving this for characters, definitely.

I love [name_f]Aileen[/name_f], [name_f]Althea[/name_f], [name_f]Chiara[/name_f], [name_f]Elaine[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], and [name_m]Melchior[/name_m]! I’ve always found Greek mythology fascinating.

Also, just as an [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]-based name, I love [name_f]Apollonia[/name_f] :heart_eyes: