Chloe- so disappointed

OK… I know alot of you don’t, but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Chloe[/name].
Loved it for years- was on my list when I had [name]Brooke[/name]!
To me [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name] sound like great sisters.

2010 it was #3. So very popular. Hmmph
Anyway, they have [name]JUST[/name] released 2011 stats here in Australia.
Now it is #1 in NSW.
I am so disappointed.
:frowning:

I need something to help me get ‘over’ the disappointment of [name]Chloe[/name].
Now [name]Phoebe[/name] looks more and more appealing.

Hey, [name]Phoebe[/name] has kind of the same sound – I feel you, though. [name]Chloe[/name] was the first name I liked out of my sister’s list of them for my new niece last year, until she pointed out that it was so close to the top. Was terribly sad! Still, honestly, I think she fits more with the name she got – and I’m sure your little one will too, if you don’t go with it. [name]Phoebe[/name] is great! I think that [name]Phoebe[/name] and [name]Brooke[/name] look nice together; they both have an o and an e, and…yeah. [name]Do[/name] you have others that you really like?

[name]Phoebe[/name] - Is quite good, I like it a lot.
[name]Claudia[/name] - Cute without being trendy
[name]Claire[/name] - A bit trendy but a lot of people shove it in as a middle name. Could be really lovely as a first.
[name]Zoe[/name] - Too trendy, if [name]Chloe[/name] is? Can’t be as popular, can it?
[name]Juno[/name] - Too tied to a specific movie, or a possibility?
[name]Caroline[/name] - an old fave of mine.
[name]Coraline[/name]/[name]Coralie[/name] - less of my long-term love, but a good possibility.

Thanks for your replies.
Looking at current trends, trying to pick something that goes well with [name]Brooke[/name], something with easy prn and spelling, plus something I like which also works with our LN it seems hard to have it all.
[name]Phoebe[/name] always popular (second half of top 100, but never trendy) Prob top contender [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] seem similar somehow
[name]Chelsea[/name] Top 100 last 15 yrs, not cure about nn options, like the sound, not the meaning
[name]Tahlia[/name] love, but not 100% sure about [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Tahlia[/name] as sisters
[name]Sophie[/name] (but it went up 4 places to #7, so probably not- especially with similar [name]Sophia[/name] at #15)
[name]Felicity[/name] -never ranks in top 100 in [name]Oz[/name]. Big contender- but not sure with [name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Skye[/name] love love love… but with [name]Brooke[/name] worried it seems too ‘Hippie’, have considered [name]Skyla[/name]- [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Skyla[/name]
[name]Alyssa[/name] (higher rank than [name]Phoebe[/name] but much lower)
[name]Erin[/name] (I swore if I had another girl she would be [name]Erin[/name], it reappeared in 2011 at rank #83 after 3 years of not making the top 100)
[name]Charlotte[/name] (too popular too #6, but like it)
[name]Natalie[/name] like in theory, not sure if I could use [name]IRL[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name] very appealing, [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Bethany[/name] don’t seem to match well to me somehow
[name]Annabelle[/name] maybe, but don’t want [name]Annie[/name] nn and combo of [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Bella[/name] not sure, more MN I suspect
[name]Lauren[/name] (dropped off the charts in 2011 after 15yrs- so losing popularity, not sure if [name]Lauren[/name] has the same feel as [name]Brooke[/name])

[name]Claire[/name]- like for MN, often appear when I play with combos
[name]Zoe[/name]- like but worried about the “dog” name comments
[name]Claudia[/name], [name]Juno[/name], [name]Coraline[/name]/[name]Caroline[/name] type names NMS

Is [name]Laurel[/name] a possibility instead of [name]Lauren[/name]? I find it a bit softer and its a bit less common without looking made up. It also has a nice incidental “nature name” effect with [name]Brooke[/name] that isn’t so severe it beats you over the head.

My 4 y.o. Aussie gdaughter is named [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Skye[/name] and her mother had loved the name for years and years before she had her and it was quite simply her name right from the start. If you love the name as much as my daughter does then popularity has to take second place because no other names seem to measure up.

Why not give her an unusual middle name so that your [name]Chloe[/name] can use that if she feels that her name is too popular?

Eg
[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Monique[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Serena[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]

Wdyt are you still going to try and find another first name?

You know… thanks [name]Rollo[/name] for even saying it is OK to still use it. :slight_smile:
I think I may be destined for a [name]Chloe[/name].
Time will tell of I can let it go.
Ironically, when [name]Brooke[/name] was born I refused to name her [name]Sarah[/name] (DH wanted [name]Sarah[/name]) as it was #1 in our city the year [name]Brooke[/name] was born and I didn’t want her having such a popular name. By the same standard… I probably should choose another name.
I am TTC very soon so will have a while to decide. Luckily we have boy names nailed down! (PHEW!)
My current favourite is [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Scarlett[/name] as I am now as ‘ruby’ anniversary birthday gal, [name]Rose[/name]- I love, grow and had roses at our wedding) The combo makes me think of a “red rose”- which also symbolises love.
[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Nicolette[/name] [name]Skye[/name] is one of my other options- as I adore [name]Skye[/name]. (Your DD and I must like same types of names!) [name]Nicolette[/name] is after a friend.
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Nicolette[/name] [name]Skye[/name] or maybe [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Claire[/name]? So many mns names I like… that I haven’t even mentioned!
I am not 100% on 2 mns - but all the others have 2- so feel kind of obliged to keep that going.

emiliaj

[name]Laurel[/name]…it is softer, maybe a good option mn as I know a [name]Laura[/name] (mn) I am considering honouring.

emiliaj