Choose a name for Sid and Cara's sister!

See the results of this poll: Sidney (Sid), Cara and

Respondents: 30 (This poll is closed)

• Eve Matthews : 5 (17%)
  • Helen Matthews : 2 (7%)
  • Alice Matthews : 7 (23%)
  • Laura Matthews : 1 (3%)
  • April Matthews : 1 (3%)
  • Louise Matthews : 1 (3%)
  • Julia Matthews : 4 (13%)
  • Emma Matthews : 2 (7%)
  • Lydia Matthews : 2 (7%)
  • Lily Matthews: 5 (17%)

What are the options sorry? I remember when you were naming your little [name]Cara[/name] [name]June[/name] :slight_smile: I was rooting for [name]Cara[/name] the whole time hehe.

Can’t wait to here what you’re considering for this little one!

Sorry took me a little while longer to post the poll than I thought!! It’s all there now! Hard to believe she’s almost 1yr old now. Been a while: [name]How[/name] are you?! Rach x

I’m good thank you! [name]Hope[/name] you’re all well too! Can’t believe its been almost a year, that’s flown by!

I surprised myself with my vote: [name]Louise[/name]. Its really grown on me lately. Sweet, classic, pretty, stylish, great nicknames in [name]Lou[/name], [name]Lulu[/name] and [name]Lula[/name] if you like them, and most importantly very overlooked lately! Unlike [name]Louisa[/name], I don’t think its likely to skyrocket up the popularity charts anytime soon. I think it works wonderfully well with [name]Sidney[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] too.

I still really love [name]Eve[/name], and I also love [name]Alice[/name], [name]Laura[/name] (my name, great to see it considered!), [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Julia[/name]. I don’t think I’d choose [name]Laura[/name] for you though as the 2 syllables and “ra” ending feels matchy with [name]Cara[/name]. I also wouldn’t use [name]Lydia[/name] with [name]Sidney[/name] because of the first syllables being too matchy, Lyd and [name]Sid[/name]. [name]Julia[/name]'s pretty but feels frillier than your usual taste.

[name]Lily[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] are lovely but feel a bit too popular for you I think. Although they do both still have a classic feel they also feel a little bit trendy right now.

[name]April[/name] and [name]Helen[/name] just aren’t my faves, although I can really see [name]Helen[/name] with your set. It seems very much your style, that ahead of the curve name that will probably be more in vogue in 10+ years time. I actually don’t dislike any of your names.

My fave combos are:

[name]Sidney[/name], [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Sidney[/name], [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Sidney[/name], [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Eve[/name]

[name]Love[/name] love love the above, and also like:

[name]Sidney[/name], [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Sidney[/name], [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Helen[/name]

…in that order!

[name]Hope[/name] that helps! :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Alice[/name], but I really like [name]Eve[/name] (with [name]Lily[/name] as a close 3rd) with your set, too.

[name]Eve[/name] - is a lovely name but feels a little light compared to [name]Sidney[/name] and [name]Cara[/name], plus it sounds so much like the last syl of Sindey.
[name]Helen[/name] - to me, fits the serious feel of [name]Sidney[/name] well and is a good match but nicely distinct from [name]Cara[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] - would be my second choice, same notes as [name]Helen[/name] except personally I like the name [name]Helen[/name] better, [name]Alice[/name] is lovely though
[name]Laura[/name] - too close to [name]Cara[/name] for me, lovely name though
[name]April[/name] - too modern / 80s for me next to the sibs, but pretty and cute
[name]Louise[/name] - probably works, similar to [name]Helen[/name] and [name]Alice[/name], I just like those names more than this
[name]Julia[/name] - works fine, just feels much more popular/familiar than either, also same ending as [name]Cara[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] - works OK, similar concerns to [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] - works OK, similar concerns to [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Emma[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] - works OK, much more popular than either name plus same ending as [name]Sidney[/name]

So [name]Helen[/name] got my top vote and [name]Alice[/name] gets #2. I don’t think any of them would be a truly bad match!

I actually voted for [name]Lydia[/name], I think it fits right in with [name]Sidney[/name] and [name]Cara[/name]!:slight_smile: Plus, you’ve got the ‘y’ in [name]Sidney[/name] and the a-ending in [name]Cara[/name]. Good match [name]IMO[/name] :slight_smile: Great list!

I voted for [name]Julia[/name], but I could have easily voted for [name]Eve[/name] (which was originally going to get my vote), [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Emma[/name], or even [name]Alice[/name]. I think my vote was swayed by the awesome, hilarious, smart [name]Julia[/name] I spent the day with, haha. I really love the idea of something short-and-sweet with [name]Cara[/name], and I think [name]Julia[/name] fits the bill. I really love [name]Eve[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] for those reasons, as well, and think they would work perfectly with [name]Sidney[/name] and [name]Cara[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Louise[/name], [name]Julia[/name] or [name]Alice[/name]!! :smiley: I really love them with [name]Sidney[/name] and [name]Cara[/name]. [name]April[/name] and even [name]Lauren[/name] also work very well, too.