Theodore (usable for a girl?)
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]

1 Like

Biased towards [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] because its my name (and I’ve always loved it!), but I also love [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] for a girl, but not [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], sorry. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite of your list if [name_f]Florence[/name_f], which has such a rich history, and is familiar but not entirely commonplace. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This
I love gwendolen as its similar to my granny’s name
Harriet is my middle name
Louisa is darling
Bethany I also love
Florence is my favourite

That didn’t help probably but If I had to drop 2 I would pick bethany and Theodore

4 Likes

I LOVE [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] for a girl but I’m not sure about [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
I like both [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] but they aren’t my favorites
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are not my cup of tea
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] are gorgeous however I do like [name_f]Florence[/name_f] better and it’s on my short list as well

1 Like

My favorites are [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] and [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]! <3

Not a fan of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] for a girl, but [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] would be nice. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are lovely classics. [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is fine. [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] feels stylistically out of place on this list, and it’s also a little dated, tbh.

1 Like

Josephine and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are my favorites of these. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is not usable for a girl in my opinion, because there’s the beautiful name [name_f]Theodora[/name_f].

1 Like

Theodore - No, I don’t think it works for a girl. [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] nicknamed [name_u]Theo[/name_u] would be cute, though!
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! Lots of great nicknames and feels right in line with current trends
[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] - [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite of the bunch :slight_smile: [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] - Not my cup of tea, but it’s a fine name.
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] - I get a bit tripped up by the different pronunciations of this name, but I do like it.
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] - Sweet, but a bit dated
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] - Not my personal favorite, and very popular in the UK. What about [name_f]Flora[/name_f]?

1 Like

Josephine or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] them!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] for a girl!

I absolutely love [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] but my favorite is [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]!

from favorite to least favorite:

Florence - absolutely lovely and strong, and I love the nn [name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] - cute and vintage name, not too frilly, [name_u]Josie[/name_u] is very nice
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] - not my personal style but it’s still lovely, especially love with the nn [name_u]Lou[/name_u]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] - again, not my style, but I appreciate the imagery it gives off (studious, determined)
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - I don’t think this is usable for a girl, but I do prefer it over [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]. [name_f]Thea[/name_f] and [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] would be much higher up.
[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] - I don’t dislike this name, but I just don’t see the appeal. The Gw- sound has never been attractive to me.
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] - I don’t like [name_f]Beth[/name_f] very much, and [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] doesn’t give me the best imagery or have the best sound. There’s nothing wrong with it, but it’s my least favorite out of the bunch. :slightly_smiling_face:

I love [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] :slight_smile: [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is my number one though

Josephine is my favourite! I love [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] for a girl, and [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], & [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f] are nice too, but [name_m]Theodor[/name_m]e feels pretty strictly masculine to me (although I do love the name!). [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] & [name_f]Florence[/name_f] are nice from your list too!

Florence is my fave!

Then [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] then [name_f]Harriet[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] best.

Hi there.

Here is my favorite to least favorite list:

Josephine-I love it. It’s bookish & elegant & sweet w/just the right amount of sass. It’s fairly easy. Not too terribly popular, although maybe a little bit. I don’t love [name_u]Jo[/name_u]/Joey/Josie that much. I do think that [name_f]Posy[/name_f] is cute. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the [name_u]Jo[/name_u] nns? I feel like they’re somewhat unavoidable. Maybe not.

Louisa-Another gorgeous choice. Very vintage but feels fresh. It’s bookish & sweet but smart & elegant. Fairly simple & not at all popular. Plus, cute nns! [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], [name_f]Lula[/name_f] & [name_f]Lola[/name_f] are all adoraoble.

Gwendolen-Very nice. Sleek & smart & feminine w/out being fussy. Easy & known but not popular.

Harriet-I want to like this name more. It’s vintage & I really adore the nn [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]. I feel like it’s a little bit heavy though. But it’s classic & not popular. So, those are nice qualities.

Florence-I like [name_f]Flora[/name_f] a lot, but find [name_f]Florence[/name_f] a little bit stuffy.

Bethany-Not sure why, but I can’t get into this one. Maybe it just sounds really 80s.

Theodore-Nah, I don’t think it’s usable for a girl. It’s pretty popular for boys. And [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] has a really obvious feminine version of [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]. Which is stunning! You could still do the nns [name_u]Theo[/name_u] or [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] if you wanted.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Josephine is my favorite, followed by [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. :orange_heart:
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] doesn’t work great on a girl, IMO, but [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is beautiful!

My vote is [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! It’s super pretty, her nn can be [name_u]Josie[/name_u].
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is not usable on a girl… sorry… But theodora is!

I love [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! I don’t think [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] works on a girl although I like [name_f]Theodora[/name_f].

Your list is great.

My faves-
[name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] are fantastic!

I personally prefer [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]) for a girl.

1 Like