Choosing a Girl's name

See the results of this poll: Choose a Girl’s Name

Respondents: 62 (This poll is closed)

• Margaret Opal (Margo) : 32 (52%)
  • Junia Opal (Juno) : 8 (13%)
  • Clementine Opal (Cleo) : 13 (21%)
  • Marlena Opal (Marlo): 9 (15%)

My favorite is [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f], followed closely by [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f].

For me, two does not make a pattern, three does. So if you want to create the pattern of nicknames ending in O than go ahead. I personally love too many names and would not want to back myself in a corner. Maybe choosing a name that doesn’t feel like THE ONE just to keep the pattern.

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f]…lovely!

I agree that three makes a pattern, not two, so now is the turning point. That being said, it doesn’t sound like a glaring pattern at all, I think it sounds really cute.

I really like that the O sound comes from the O middle name, MARGarent [name_f]Opal[/name_f], etc. I think that’s really cool.

I think all of the combinations are nice but [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is my favourite. [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] would be number 2 for me, with [name_f]Marlena[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] being my least favourite.

Good luck and congratulations!

I love [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]!

This was so hard for me—I love [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], but strongly dislike [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], so that didn’t quite get my vote. I went with [name_f]Junia[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] because I think [name_f]Junia[/name_f] is just so cool and underused, as is [name_f]Juno[/name_f].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] love love love [name_f]Opal[/name_f]. I wish I could use it as a first name but it’s just too close to both my kids’s first names.

That said, I love [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f]!! And I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. I like that they mean [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] (that’s my middle name). So you definitely have a gemstone-strong name there. I think it works great. My niece is [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and she is called [name_f]Greta[/name_f].

I agree with this completely (plus, I don’t think you need [name_f]Opal[/name_f] to get the nns [name_f]Margo[/name_f], [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_f]Marlo[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], etc.!–I think you could easily do [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Margo[/name_f], [name_f]Marlena[/name_f] nn [name_f]Marlo[/name_f], [name_f]Junia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Juno[/name_f], etc.!). That being said, I lovelovelove the combos [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f]. (Then again, I’d use the nns [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmy[/name_f], simply because I like them more than [name_f]Margo[/name_f] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], spunky and timeless and cool though they are!)

Good luck!

I wouldn’t feel I need to follow a pattern but I also think the options and nicknames are incredibly cute! My favourite is [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] followed by [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f]

I went w/[name_f]Junia[/name_f] because I prefer the nn [name_f]Juno[/name_f] to any of the others. Second choice would have been [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], although I don’t like [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] as much. Good luck! :slight_smile:

My favourite is [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] nn [name_f]Margo[/name_f] also goes well with your boys’ names, which feel more classic than [name_f]Marlena[/name_f] or [name_f]Junia[/name_f]. I love the idea of a name derived from the first name and the “o” of the middle name, but agree that it does set up a pattern when you have three children with names like that- which may or may not be an issue for you.